Face coverings

gary112

Wifey went to the shop again today. No mask. The elderly shopkeeper, who has a chronic life threatening condition was there. He had no mask either. I went shopping later, there was a local auld feller in there who likes to harass me about my driving (too slow, apparently). He had no mask. The young lad seems to have given up wearing a mask or face shield as well.

The purpose of the masks is to dehumanize us. Divide us, stop us normally interacting. Also to create fear. Encourage ratting and distrust of each other, like in the former East Germany. It's just evil.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, the village idiot said:

We all spend a great deal of our lives doing what we are told, and on the whole it is a very good thing.

You would not want to live in a world where everyone just did what they thought was best for them.

Sometimes it is a good thing to make a stand against the prevailing winds, but often we can just build up a self righteous head of steam and start being a bit silly.

you are a charlatan calling yourself an idiot 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

Wifey went to the shop again today. No mask. The elderly shopkeeper, who has a chronic life threatening condition was there. He had no mask either. I went shopping later, there was a local auld feller in there who likes to harass me about my driving (too slow, apparently). He had no mask. The young lad seems to have given up wearing a mask or face shield as well.

The purpose of the masks is to dehumanize us. Divide us, stop us normally interacting. Also to create fear. Encourage ratting and distrust of each other, like in the former East Germany. It's just evil.

im on monitor mode - I dont like phrases like " the new norm" and the fact that cash is not in favour at the mo because of the circumstances.  Lets be careful that these things dont become the norm. A cashless society is a supressed society. I think our country is slowly becoming a communist society - very controlling. Cameras everywhere, tracking you from mobile phones, speed limits with cameras in areas where its ridiculous.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

Youre only recommended to wear them while out shoping you know,  not while watching the tv with the wife and kids.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Not so much reason prevailing just an interpretation of what is reasonable and what isn’t in regards the reaction to this virus. The split on here is pretty obvious for anyone to see. 
Those whom are happy to go along with the lockdown and all it’s associated financial, social, mental health and knock on effects in regards the increases in deaths from other illness due to the focus on Covid. The other side of the coin are those whom think it’s been a badly managed huge over reaction driven by the media, self serving scientists with ludicrously over estimated predictions regarding casualties and politicians all too keen to enforce way over the top restrictions on every day life. 
To be honest as with Brexit or Tory/Labour etc etc one side ain’t gonna convince the other ?‍♂️

Not at all, I worked right through lockdown. I do believe there has been an over reaction, given the benefit of hindsight and that the damaging affects of the lockdown will be greater than the actual disease.

BUT and it's a big BUT, this is no flu. It's dangerous and not yet well understood, its killing some very fit healthy people and leaving many survivors very badly damaged, possibly permanently. We have no way of knowing how bad things would have been without the lockdown.

I understand that many, many people are scared and need some reassurance. I'm happy to go along with wearing a face covering it if it helps. If you needed a doctors note to avoid wearing one and people where being fined from video footage etc, then I would buy the "government control" narrative. But you can simply say you have anxiety or some other medical issue and not wear one, hardly draconian. 

I think the cashless thing is being pushed more by business than the government. Chains and none owner run businesses prefer none cash. It prevents staff pilfering and saves having to go to the bank.

I honestly wish I felt the government (of either side) had the competence implement the kinds of social control many appear to think they are attempting.

• Like 12