Face coverings

gary112

7 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

The split on here is pretty obvious for anyone to see. 

It isn't obvious though.

As with all big issues things are extremely complicated. You have listed several talking points and most people here will have various thoughts on each.

It is far too oversimplistic to divide everyone into one of two camps. It's a lazy form of argument and just leads us into brain-numbing trigger territory.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Basically,  yr not being asked to invade a sovereign territory,  enact a vile sexual act, just go into a shop with yr ****************ing mask on to show some regard to others,  it's called manners n might help someone, do you need pictures ? K

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Basically,  yr not being asked to invade a sovereign territory,  enact a vile sexual act, just go into a shop with yr ****************ing mask on to show some regard to others,  it's called manners n might help someone, do you need pictures ? K

Yes, if it was clear across the board that would be fine, but when I can sit in pubs, restaurants and many other places for hours without a face covering why do I need one to pay for my diesel, a task that takes a few minutes. Can you see where it falls down?, if you haven't eaten the crayons could you draw me a picture of the difference.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Some shopping could be viewed as essential activities, as such those that need to go to the shops (admittedly not all shops, but blanket guidance probably makes it easier all around). Many also need to go to the petrol station. As such everyone can go there feeling safe. 

You could see restaurants, pubs etc as more of a choice of those using them.

Wearing masks in "essential" places allows them to be open and functioning, and employing staff.

It's not perfect, there probably is no perfect solution.

I can't stand the Tories, Boris, Gove etc in particular and think they've made a right mess of this whole situation, but this mask solution does seem like the right solution for the time being. 

It'd be interesting to know how many of the anti-mask brigade voted for the current government!  you can just imagine the vitriol that'd be coming out if Labour had imposed similar measures!  

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

It isn't obvious though.

As with all big issues things are extremely complicated. You have listed several talking points and most people here will have various thoughts on each.

It is far too oversimplistic to divide everyone into one of two camps. It's a lazy form of argument and just leads us into brain-numbing trigger territory.

I love you like the brother I never had. ........ K

( now wear yr ****************ing mask n Culloden was a  blip on the socio economic landscape that brought us Sturgeon so getting over it may bring tears ) 

• Haha 1

Garages, shops and other "essential" places were already open and functioning before the mask fiasco. It's not about will you won't you wear a mask, it's the multiple layers of miss-information and conflicting advice, BS reporting etc etc.

What amazes me is the response you get if you dare look at things from a different angle.

Edited by woodwizzard
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, the village idiot said:

Extraordinary times require some extraordinary measures.

I don't really understand this 'erosion of freedom' stance. If anything, the face covering rules seem very much to be an attempt to give us back our day to day activities and freedoms. As others have pointed out, no Government wants to shut down their own economy.

It is good to question authority but I can't help thinking that you have picked the wrong battle this time.

My feeling is that the time’s are not that extraordinary at all rather more the reaction is in itself the main problem. Time will tell I guess. The annual increase in deaths due to  winter flu will no doubt be the second wave that will justify it all. 
I’ve no battle to fight in reality just a different opinion and distrust of what is being peddled by the media and government. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Calm yourself down and wind your neck in before you give yourself a turn. How do you know how I react to others and don’t  question my manners when you know nothing of how I behave. It’s this type of self righteous moral high ground occupied by the likes of yourself and similar such opinionated jobsworths  deriding those whom have a different opinion that is the most unpleasant part of this whole farce. 
No I don’t need pictures at all. I see plenty of people conforming every day to know what it looks like. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Calm yourself down and wind your neck in before you give yourself a turn. How do you know how I react to others and don’t  question my manners when you know nothing of how I behave. It’s this type of self righteous moral high ground occupied by the likes of yourself and similar such opinionated jobsworths  deriding those whom have a different opinion that is the most unpleasant part of this whole farce. 
No I don’t need pictures at all. I see plenty of people conforming every day to know what it looks like. 

@Khriss in ya go ??????

02C1EA73-A0AB-4907-958B-D4204A10A03A.jpeg

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4