Face coverings

gary112

2 hours ago, Mesterh said:

That's the most sensible thing you've said for a long time.

You rebel you.

No rebel far from? just I’ve not enthusiastically swallowed the propaganda and ludicrous pointless advice and guidance by the bucket as you seem to have. 
The image attached is just one of dozens of news reports and articles that are out there about the side effect of the insane over reaction to this Covid. I’ve never said the virus does not exist or that a worldwide conspiracy is ongoing. What I still believe is it’s been a catastrophic poorly thought out over reaction that has now to be continued in order to justify itself. Power and control are like a drug and anyone who denies that this is part of human nature especially those drawn to that in the first place is deluded. Politicians not all but a good few like nothing more than telling people what to do and how to live their lives. 
I keep quoting Scotland as this is where I live and quite frankly up here when you look at the statistics you cannot in any way shape or form justify the actions that have been and still are being implemented in the name of Covid. it’s like the bloody lunatics have taken over the asylum. Yet if you disagree or question any of it you are vilified by absolute moral zealots. 

8A208215-DE93-4B3C-BD04-2E0AEECDB890.png

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

On 25/07/2020 at 11:52, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

It's a credibility issue for me Mark - like there ain't none...  

I suspect we will find, with the benefit of hindsight, that poor "mask discipline" (cleanliness, disposal frequency, storage between uses etc) will create more problems than it is supposed to solve.

I don't buy it because I feel it being peddled as a false narrative in order to get people out and about again rather than as a real and tangible aid to infection control.

It's the perceived dishonesty behind it and the belief that the general public are so gullible as to believe it that really tugs my sack.

I'd feel like a bit of a daftie if I'd voted for this government.
It's clear that most of us on this forum have a better handle on how things could have been done.
Bring on Brexit!

• Like 1

I will be ordering everything online, trucks will be filled up at pay at the pump places.
I have seen people wearing masks that look like they have wiped their arse on them.
I was happy(ish) to go into a shop and keep 2 metres apart, I won't be standing a metre away from someone wearing a mask made from material that can't filter out sod all let alone virus particles.

I wait in fear to see how many people get bacterial infections from wearing dirty marks, or mask for too long a period, it's the almost perfect petri dish, and in these times of antibiotic immune bacteria that is quite worrying.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Mark J said:

I'd feel like a bit of a daftie if I'd voted for this government.
It's clear that most of us on this forum have a better handle on how things could have been done.
Bring on Brexit!

It’s a fair point Mark.....

As always, the ‘but’ is coming....

There certainly have been some monumental clangers from Boris and his merry band - Id be amongst the first to recognise and acknowledge that. 

Maybe in the great debrief of it all it might be demonstrated that central strategic policy and local operational control would have been a better approach - devolution if you like. 

But the real but is....

Can you even start to imagine how far down shite canal we’d be if Steptoe, Aboot and Ronald McDonald has been in charge?

Some times you just have to count your blessing, hold your nose, tuck your tie in and take a huge bite of the shite sandwich ?

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

It’s a fair point Mark.....

As always, the ‘but’ is coming....

There certainly have been some monumental clangers from Boris and his merry band - Id be amongst the first to recognise and acknowledge that. 

Maybe in the great debrief of it all it might be demonstrated that central strategic policy and local operational control would have been a better approach - devolution if you like. 

But the real but is....

Can you even start to imagine how far down shite canal we’d be if Steptoe, Aboot and Ronald McDonald has been in charge?

Some times you just have to count your blessing, hold your nose, tuck your tie in and take a huge bite of the shite sandwich ?

That is deflection and whataboutery. I genuinelly reckon we'd be in a better position had Corbyn won. but he didn't we're faced with the clowns people voted for and enjoying the circus they bring.

I won't be voting Labour again anytime soon. I'll never vote for a tory.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Mark J said:

That is deflection and whataboutery. I genuinelly reckon we'd be in a better position had Corbyn won. but he didn't we're faced with the clowns people voted for and enjoying the circus they bring.

I won't be voting Labour again anytime soon. I'll never vote for a tory.

It’s NOT deflection Mark. I’ll be amongst the first to say what I think is wrong in the management of a genuinely unprecedented scenario. 

What actually IS deflection is claiming that it is deflection so as not to acknowledge the probable reality that Labour under Corbyn would have balls it up even more.  It’s shit, but it would have been shitererer. 

Im not supporting the current regime, in this regard, I’ve said I think they are in a credibility deficiet. 

It’s not deflection at all, but you are showing that your anti-Tory tunnel vision is clouding your judgement again. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

It’s NOT deflection Mark. I’ll be amongst the first to say what I think is wrong in the management of a genuinely unprecedented scenario. 

What actually IS deflection is claiming that it is deflection so as not to acknowledge the probable reality that Labour under Corbyn would have balls it up even more.  It’s shit, but it would have been shitererer. 

Im not supporting the current regime, in this regard, I’ve said I think they are in a credibility deficiet. 

It’s not deflection at all, but you are showing that your anti-Tory tunnel vision is clouding your judgement again. 

Look. Labour/Corbyn didn't win. We have no way of knowing how they would have handled this (unprecedented) situation.

We do know how the current bunch of incompetents is fairing.

That's not anti tory bias. It's how it actually is.

Edited by Mark J
I'll be an anti semite next.
  • Haha 1