Face coverings

gary112

its kinda ironic all these arborists whinging over wearing a mask,  everyday arb gear worn to improve safety is not exactly high comfort is it (despite the cool write up on the website!)

i wasnt that keen on the whole mask wearing thing but an unseen event mean i had to travel on an airplane and spend time in a hospital, sure it wasnt so comfy but totally do able.

masks might not be 100% effective all the time but better than nothing( seatbelts arnt either but you still always put one on! ) 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, carlos said:

its kinda ironic all these arborists whinging over wearing a mask,  everyday arb gear worn to improve safety is not exactly high comfort is it (despite the cool write up on the website!)

i wasnt that keen on the whole mask wearing thing but an unseen event mean i had to travel on an airplane and spend time in a hospital, sure it wasnt so comfy but totally do able.

masks might not be 100% effective all the time but better than nothing( seatbelts arnt either but you still always put one on! ) 

I was just about to post something similar....For well over 20 years i felled timber in jeans , clogs and no helmet, then PPE came along and i hated it, however.

The ironical thing is that were some of those that are objecting to a mask for a few minutes to see a pic of someone cutting without PPE they would be on it in an instant.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ESS said:

I was just about to post something similar....For well over 20 years i felled timber in jeans , clogs and no helmet, then PPE came along and i hated it, however.

The ironical thing is that were some of those that are objecting to a mask for a few minutes to see a pic of someone cutting without PPE they would be on it in an instant.

And yet here you are today, you survived those crazy times. I suspect you have commonsense?

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Stere said:

Interesting how far back was that?

Saw this guy making the soles at a at a festival once:

WWW.TREFOROWENCLOGMAKER.CO.UK

treforowenclogs

Ws using one of theese

image.jpeg.f5877aa50ea90bea1892ca965bf39b08.jpeg

I was still wearing them in the 90s, and would still be wearing them now if i could get away with it. They were very comfortable once you had broken them in. Irons like horse shoes on the sole and heel.

There were only a handful of clogmakers left locally by that time, and they tended to buy the soles in and build the tops on. £27 a pair at that time. Still one or two makers around , but they are nearer £200 a pair now .

• Like 2

Reading this thread beggars belief!!

Is this really a forum for tree workers??

We spend much of our lives having our nuts squished, when the harness shifts, have sawdust, dead confer bits, insects of all types, down the back of our necks or front of our undies, have pointy bits of conifer, hawthorn etc, poking our ass and all other parts of out bodies, as we endeavour to defy gravity climbing hedges with the tensile strength of a wet fart. We squint our eyes, while they fill with sawdust, felling the head out of an 80ft tree in howling wind and rain. etc, etc.

But wearing a face covering while we shop is "uncomfortable" ?? Really??

We need to give people who are venerable, may have been shielding for 4 months, the confidence to come back out and rejoin society. If wearing a mask helps, I'm all for it, I care not if they actually work.

As for the "there are gaps round them, they don't stop the virus" clowns! Its not about stopping the virus itself. When you speak you spit, you may not realise but you do. These spit droplets may contain millions of virus molecules. The more virus someone is exposed to the worse the decease may be, that's why bus drivers etc have been so badly hit, often dying. Look up "viral loading"

As for panic attacks, that's a shame and they need to find alternative work maybe. But can you imagine the effect of them having to wear a cpap machine, if they become infected? I listed to a radio documentary of a Covid ward. A lady died because she could not go on the cpap, due to panic attacks.

Come on lads just man up and wear a face covering. If you don't like masks, just get a buff and pull it up over your mouth and nose when you enter a shop.

As for government control. You can self declare an excuse to not wear one, not exactly the SS is it?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 8