Face coverings

gary112

Stop crying over nothing ffs. I've been out shopping today, I wore a face covering along with everyone else and didn't see anyone having a strop, I then went home. 

It couldn't be much simpler.

Have a quick think of why you don't need to wear a mask while eating or drinking, then think is it better to move the economy along or not. If you want the economy to kick start then you need to accept the current guidelines. It's not rocket science.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Stop crying over nothing ffs. I've been out shopping today, I wore a face covering along with everyone else and didn't see anyone having a strop, I then went home. 

It couldn't be much simpler.

Have a quick think of why you don't need to wear a mask while eating or drinking, then think is it better to move the economy along or not. If you want the economy to kick start then you need to accept the current guidelines. It's not rocket science.

Everyone else? I'm in the Staffordshire moorlands ATM, I've been into Leek (market town) today, I'd say it was about 50-50 on people wearing masks. I have got a couple but I won't be wearing them unless I'm asked to.

I did wear one when asked at the bakers, I was fiddling/adjusting the bleeding thing all the time, touching my face, which I believe isn't a good idea.

Personaly I think it's a croc, but if I have wear one to purchase what I need so be it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Everyone else? I'm in the Staffordshire moorlands ATM, I've been into Leek (market town) today, I'd say it was about 50-50 on people wearing masks. I have got a couple but I won't be wearing them unless I'm asked to.

I did wear one when asked at the bakers, I was fiddling/adjusting the bleeding thing all the time, touching my face, which I believe isn't a good idea.

Personaly I think it's a croc, but if I have wear one to purchase what I need so be it.

Just put it on and dont mess with it. Transmission through touching things then yourself is extremely low, so I would worry less about fiddling with your mask than actually wearing it.

The whole point of a face covering is to stop the wearing transmitting the virus to others, if we all wore them when in close proximity to others then the R rate would drop which would help us all in resuming business as usual quicker, which I guess most of us on here would like to see.

I think wearing a face mask is a self conscious thing more than anything else as it doesnt feel natural thats for sure! 

I'm hoping that if we all do our bit then the economy can get moving quicker rather than see a lot of local lockdowns which will happen if there are spikes. 

I was speaking to a local neighbour today whos Mrs had it back in late Jan (late 30's), he didnt get it or his son but she now has high blood pressure as a result so its not all about catching it and surviving it is also about the long term affects. She was only ill for a couple of days with no cough but flu like symptoms.

• Like 6

Apparently they run tests with passive smoking dummys wearing face masks and all dummys would have cought the virus.and I went to go in a three store today that wouldn't let me in even though I don't need to wear a mask because of my anxiety the bloke not letting me on says he has it and never had a panic attack for two whole years but had 2 already today because was wearing a mask this was at dinner time so probably had more since then complete joke his boss making him wear one and watching him have panic attacks through it because it's there policy everyone has to even ppl that are exempt 

6 minutes ago, Mark armstrong said:

Apparently they run tests with passive smoking dummys wearing face masks and all dummys would have cought the virus.and I went to go in a three store today that wouldn't let me in even though I don't need to wear a mask because of my anxiety the bloke not letting me on says he has it and never had a panic attack for two whole years but had 2 already today because was wearing a mask this was at dinner time so probably had more since then complete joke his boss making him wear one and watching him have panic attacks through it because it's there policy everyone has to even ppl that are exempt 

Cant you just order online then and have it delivered to your home?

Its not about catching the virus its about spreading it. If you are a super spreader and dont were a mask you can spread it to a lot of others, thats a fact. Im not going to put a link up as there is enough info out there to those who want to read the current facts. 

• Like 5

A was quite happy to stand at the door and buy a new phn from the doorway  it don't bother me one bit but the fact a worker in the shop is telling me he's had 2 panic attacks in half a shift and being made to carry on working with what is causing that problem is a fkn massive problem obviously you have no idea how bad a feeling a proper panic attack is like mate a wear a mask in my workshop for fine dust but not as often as I should but would rather fill my lungs with dust than have some of the attacks I have had