Face coverings

gary112

2 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Mate turned up at training last week in a latex werewolf mask having run through town in his black licra training kit.  I fair nearly wee'd a drop when I saw him! 

If I ever do wear one, it's gonna be nasty!

I tell ya what, yam a proper rebel.

6 hours ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

Ha ha, not wearing a mask is hardly revolutionary... 

Health professionals widely agree that a simple face mask is of benefit. Countries where this advice has been followed have generally faired relatively well. The UK has obviously not. It’s hardly surprising when there are so many who view it as their right to potentially endanger others...

You may be surprised soon at how the UK has faired in reality once the total bollocks and hysteria ref statistics is exposed. Potentially endanger others ?‍♂️?‍♂️Come on what a naive statement. Look at the numbers involved here even once they have been hyped up for the gullible terrified masses whom just want to safe they still represent a negligible risk. 
Scotland where I live has of today 3 yes a terrifying 3 people in ICU with Covid 19, deaths in last 7 days or so 1 ?‍♂️?‍♂️with underlying health issues. Out of a population of 5.5 million. Calculate the odds  !!! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Johnsond said:

You may be surprised soon at how the UK has faired in reality once the total bollocks and hysteria ref statistics is exposed. Potentially endanger others ?‍♂️?‍♂️Come on what a naive statement. Look at the numbers involved here even once they have been hyped up for the gullible terrified masses whom just want to safe they still represent a negligible risk. 
Scotland where I live has of today 3 yes a terrifying 3 people in ICU with Covid 19, deaths in last 7 days or so 1 ?‍♂️?‍♂️with underlying health issues. Out of a population of 5.5 million. Calculate the odds  !!! 

I must admit that I nearly lost it on Sunday whilst up in Fife. Had a nice day out at the Aquarium in St Andrews, fish and chips and a play on the beach. Quite a lot of people around, being generally sensible. 

And then we went to Tentsmuir Forest for a walk. Plenty of cars heading in that direction, but the forest is 32000 acres, so no issue? Well apparently not. There was an attendant at the entrance to the road to the carpark (which is gigantic - would hold at least 500 cars) saying they couldn't admit anyone else due to overcrowding. In a forest. Which backs onto 1000s of acres of beach and sand dunes. Wouldn't even let us in when another car came out. Still too overcrowded apparently. We drove on, and as it happens found a much nicer and much quieter carpark, had a lovely walk and I saw a wonderful Audi RS2 and geeked about it with the obviously very proud owner :D

My point is, common sense seems to be applied selectively, and this was just ridiculous.

• Like 4

It's just 'manners' at the end of the day. Obvs we haven't much of that here in UK, Visited mum couple weeks ago after 4month absence.  Mask on outside. " eeeeeee,  I remember cath ( her youngest sister )  fighting to be first fr a gasmask in the War.... now look at us " how hard is this ?  K

Edited by Khriss
I actually have a far higher odds of getting stabbed in Town , every day, but do I wear a stab vest ????

10 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I had a ponder on your previous post whilst in the shower (maybe soaping my balls helped )

Dear God , please No !!! ( wot shower gel ??  )

10 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

But what would they know...?

The poor barstewards in China that have been wearing masks for years are doing so because the air is toxic from manufacturing and coal fired power stations so of course they are "used" to wearing masks.  

It would be better if we tried to find ways to reduce noxious gas rather than build a trend in more disposable products. 

Yes, as we have enjoyed cheap I phones n cheap chainsaws from that - maybe it's our turn   ????

Definately there on the disposable shite argument  !

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I had a ponder on your previous post whilst in the shower (maybe soaping my balls helped) and decided a post script to my previous reply was entirely appropriate.  

Now with this subsequent offering of meaningless drivel from you I've settled on the need for a more 'direct' retort.

What sort of (rhymes with punt) are you?

"Childish" you say?  "Hope they stay at home and die" you say...

This is the COVID equivalent of a BLM tosspot saying "I'll stab you if you're white and you disagree with me."

You want to wear a mask - knock yourself out chopper.  I don't care what you do and I certainly don't care for your opinion of what I do - or in this case, don't do.

"Health professionals widely agree" you say.

Apparently, they don't according to the New Scientist:

WWW.NEWSCIENTIST.COM

The advice on widespread face mask use to protect against covid-19 varies wildly, but there is some evidence that they...

But what would they know...?

The poor barstewards in China that have been wearing masks for years are doing so because the air is toxic from manufacturing and coal fired power stations so of course they are "used" to wearing masks.  

It would be better if we tried to find ways to reduce noxious gas rather than build a trend in more disposable products. 

That's old news, things have changed a lot since then. The CDC and WHO amongst many others recommend wearing face coverings, surely they know best? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

That's old news, things have changed a lot since then. The CDC and WHO amongst many others recommend wearing face coverings, surely they know best? 

What? Paid medical professionals know more about medicine that a load of tree cutters? Surely not.

"And now the Director of the World Health Organisation is going to pass the microphone over to Big Jim Hickory once he puts his chainsaw down, so he can give us his years of medical wisdom"

This irony is, you lot jumped on a bloke on here for doing decorating as another part of his job but I never knew you were all medical advisors....

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

This is my last post on here, you all wear Chainsaw trousers and a helmet on the off chance that you might get bitten by a chainsaw, or a branch might fall from above you. You hope it won't happen but still you wear them, because experience has shown you that its possible. Similar reasons you wear seat-belts, no-one plans on having a car accident.

Wearing a mask is no different.

Obama Mic Drop GIFs | Tenor

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Big J said:

I must admit that I nearly lost it on Sunday whilst up in Fife. Had a nice day out at the Aquarium in St Andrews, fish and chips and a play on the beach. Quite a lot of people around, being generally sensible. 

And then we went to Tentsmuir Forest for a walk. Plenty of cars heading in that direction, but the forest is 32000 acres, so no issue? Well apparently not. There was an attendant at the entrance to the road to the carpark (which is gigantic - would hold at least 500 cars) saying they couldn't admit anyone else due to overcrowding. In a forest. Which backs onto 1000s of acres of beach and sand dunes. Wouldn't even let us in when another car came out. Still too overcrowded apparently. We drove on, and as it happens found a much nicer and much quieter carpark, had a lovely walk and I saw a wonderful Audi RS2 and geeked about it with the obviously very proud owner :D

My point is, common sense seems to be applied selectively, and this was just ridiculous.

To be fair Tentsmuir carpark is rammed any day of the year at the first glimmer of sun. I swear since they enlarged the carpark it’s gotten waaaay busier too. And the person controlling the flow of traffic being haphazard is pretty much normal. Paying £2 for parking was the last straw for me ?