Face coverings

gary112

How much of a real inconvenience is wearing a mask in a shop? Even doing a big supermarket shop you'd probably be wearing one for less than an hour in one go. 

When shopping you can come into brief close contact with lots of different people to the point that track and trace (if it even works) is useless and one inconsiderate and infected person going around a busy shop without a mask could potentially spread the virus to lots of different people. It may well be unlikely but wearing masks could prevent this. 

Like vaccines, masks have an important function of going some way towards helping to protect the most vulnerable. The majority of people (below a certain age)  being vaccinated against measles for example means that those who could be vulnerable to it don't have a high risk of being infected so they don't have to shield themselves. Likewise, the majority of people in shops wearing masks and reducing the chance of transmission means that the most vulnerable don't have to stay locked away for any longer than they have done already, possibly going some way to helping their mental health too. 

If you have a genuine reason why you don't have to wear a mask fair enough, but if you don't why make a fuss about it?

• Like 6

We're making a fuss about it because the whole thing was and is, a farce.

Sweden.
Ruined economies.
Wife beating.
Buying only soda pop not permitted.
Demonstrations and riots permitted.
Police bullying followed by police cowardice
Felons released from prisons "for their own protection"
Law abiding citizens locked up "For their own protection".
Police stopping us from traveling the roads of our own countries.
Overseas tourists allowed free reign but not natives.
Government telling us to do this and that, while their own agents (paramedics, police, politicians) publicly flout the rules.

Covid doesn't kill. Old age and co morbidities do. Covid just gives a nudge in the direction of heaven. In the States, hospitals have been busted inflating their C-19 cases by a factor of around 10.

I could go on and on.
Nobody really gives a **************** about the mask, I have a mask and ware it if requested. It's the whole deal that's the problem.

• Like 4

And before someone replies "Covid kills young healthy people too!" Etc...

Very, very small percentage. And it's debatable whether the Covid killed them or they had a perviously undiagnosed condition, latent autoimmune tendency or something. Super fit young guys drop dead on soccer pitches every week around the world. In nations of tens and hundreds of millions, there will always be unexpected and seemingly inexplicable deaths. But it's disregarding the vast preponderance of the stats...

• Like 3

On 16/07/2020 at 18:42, Stubby said:

One of the quickest way for the virus to enter you is through your eyes . Nice and moist .

wait till you see the whites of their eyes lads.

They would have won if they kept their eyes closed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, woodwizzard said:

Joe public has to cover their face in the shops, but the shop staff don't need to wear a covering ?. I checked with my local supermarket this morning and they were happy for me not to cover my face next week.

You especially good looki'n ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2