Candian from the UK moving back to Canada

Hi,

I was born in Canada, moved to the UK when I was young. Studied forestry at uni, 4 years experience in commercial forestry as a hand cutter/machine operator. NPTC certs and all that jazz.

I'm moving over to Vancouver Island to stay with family to start with. I've been offered a job drivng machines up in interior BC but I want to stay on the Island/sea to sky corridor. Thinking about getting into arb, but as I said all my experience is in forestry. Spent a bit of time as a groundie before I got into the woods but that's about it.

I'm still young, spent a fair bit of time rock climbing/mountaineering when I lived up in the Lake District and I know how to use a saw, so I'm hoping I'd be alright at it..

Anyone know what kind of certs you need for Arb out there, reckon I'd be able to get a job?

TIA,

Jack

• Like 1

The "climbing arborist" guy might be worth contacting via his website. Isn't Reg Coates on Va island? Looks awesome out there, beats connie bashing for mrs miggins in the UK! All the best with it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jfc said:

The "climbing arborist" guy might be worth contacting via his website. Isn't Reg Coates on Va island? Looks awesome out there, beats connie bashing for mrs miggins in the UK! All the best with it.

Think Reg is on the Island, sure looks like it. Thanks bud!  

• 2 years later...
On 13/07/2020 at 03:31, JackAldred1 said:

Hi,

I was born in Canada, moved to the UK when I was young. Studied forestry at uni, 4 years experience in commercial forestry as a hand cutter/machine operator. NPTC certs and all that jazz.

I'm moving over to Vancouver Island to stay with family to start with. I've been offered a job drivng machines up in interior BC but I want to stay on the Island/sea to sky corridor. Thinking about getting into arb, but as I said all my experience is in forestry. Spent a bit of time as a groundie before I got into the woods but that's about it.

I'm still young, spent a fair bit of time rock climbing/mountaineering when I lived up in the Lake District and I know how to use a saw, so I'm hoping I'd be alright at it..

Anyone know what kind of certs you need for Arb out there, reckon I'd be able to get a job?

TIA,

Jack

Hi jack, 

just wondering if you ever found a job as an arborist in Vancouver?

Were a local family run tree business out of north Vancouver and currently seeking a certified arborist/ tree climber wages range from $25-50 an hour based on experience.

feel free to email me for more information!

[email protected]