What’s the best processor to make accurate 6 inch logs

gensetsteve

Are there better processors out there . We had a Hakki pilki but found anything shorter than 10 inch fell into the splitting chamber on end . We need to process for a kindlet so only have about 20 mm of le way . Thinking maybe Dalen or preferably something with a petrol engine 

Something like a posch where the log rolls into the split chamber or the uniforest titan that has a flipper that transfers the log to the chamber.

Any machine that drops the log into the chamber runs the risk of it not landing square with a short log.

• Like 1

Ah 6" long not diameter.

My other reply was re diameter.

But again re tipping, does it matter if you are just ringing up?

Smallest I do tends to be 7-8" Dont have issues with that & as I said the machine has a catch plate so you can square drop them.

23 hours ago, Justme said:

Ah 6" long not diameter.

My other reply was re diameter.

But again re tipping, does it matter if you are just ringing up?

Smallest I do tends to be 7-8" Dont have issues with that & as I said the machine has a catch plate so you can square drop them.

10 inch diameter logs are ok but need to be less than 6 inch to go under the fingers in the kindlet. So the ideal log is 6 inch by 6 inch 

15 minutes ago, gensetsteve said:

10 inch diameter logs are ok but need to be less than 6 inch to go under the fingers in the kindlet. So the ideal log is 6 inch by 6 inch 

But why does it matter if it falls right if you are not splitting it?

• Like 1

This is the exact reason we’re looking at the japa 305 as the wood can be up to 11.5 inch drop in to the chamber and split into 2 or 4 then go through the kindlet ? 

as most people are saying anything smaller than 6 inch the knife can be removed and it doesn’t matter how it falls 

it when it falls and your splitting it it’s got to be precise