Banks panicking?

Steve Bullman

11 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

I dont disagree with what you have said above, but one thing i am seeing some companys are having it very good at the moment and not companys that are linked to anything to do with covid 19, a few tree guys i know are bombed out with work and one guy said he has never been booked up 4 months in addvance since he started 8 yrs ago, as you said covid 19 will return and things will go tits up big time, so i think its make the most of it while you can, then interest rate dropped again a few months back which limits the finance Co,s to what they can charge/make out of you, i got a letter from mortgage co saying my new monthly payments would be £7,38p, dont know how i am going to cope in these uncertain times,

Yeh, Im flat out with work these days. Could work all the days I want but want home to see the family. Some lads I was out with last night have stayed in Norway since March and have made close to £100,000 in the first 6 months of this year. 

In the grander scheme of things the vast majority of companies out there are not doing well at all. Where the Furlough and wages paid for by the Government, ie you, to end we'd see the reality of the devastation being wrought to the UK. These busy Tree Guys can only go out and make good money and be flat out as long as there is average folks getting paid a wage from either their companies or the Government. If and when that dries up it will have a knock on effect I feel. We're in the eye of the storm just now and have a sense that things are getting back to normal when it could be the exact opposite. I hope not though and I hope those in power see sense and end this charade. 

Congrats on the mortgage payments though, would love to see that one day myself. :D 

One lad out last nigh says he pays something very similar to what you're paying purely to have the bank look after the deeds for him. Where he to pay the mortgage off in full he'd have to pay a solicitor to transfer it and he's too tight for that. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

One lad out last nigh says he pays something very similar to what you're paying purely to have the bank look after the deeds for him. Where he to pay the mortgage off in full he'd have to pay a solicitor to transfer it and he's too tight for that. 

Don't depend on a solicitor to keep deeds, my brother lost his when  the solicitor went paperless and  subsequently got involved in a boundary dispute which the paper deeds would have established definitively.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, openspaceman said:

Don't depend on a solicitor to keep deeds, my brother lost his when  the solicitor went paperless and  subsequently got involved in a boundary dispute which the paper deeds would have established definitively.

what was the outcome for your Brother? 

2 hours ago, openspaceman said:

id doubt that.

you do realise the scale on land registry maps. 

There is a reason the legals earn a fortune from boundary disputes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

what was the outcome for your Brother? 

Still ongoing, I posted a picture of the remains of the boundary wall in the stump grinding thread. The wall was in a state of near collapse and tree roots had destabilised it. When the house was bought, it is victorian, there was a full set of deeds and the various owners it had had. My brother remembered this eastern boundary wall belonged to the neighbour and the deed map showed a Tee on it denoting that. Subsequent building work next door had led to spoil from building work raising their garden such that the wall retained the spoil so it cannot be totally removed.

https://dcn6x9s7fzj11.cloudfront.net/monthly_2019_06/bay1.thumb.jpg.1830151340233421fa008436bc1ce6dc.jpg

I dismantled 4 bays of the top of the wall that was leaning and the remaining bays are still standing. Neighbour claims the wall belongs to my brother but won't put it in writing or contribute to rebuilding it.  My brother would prefer to remove it down to the plinth and let the neighbour fence their side if they wished. Stalemate so far.

As the other poster says the land registry record is not good for establishing a boundary.

Incidentally I still have the deeds to my house after the building society went bust and it plainly states my boundary with my neighbour is jointly maintained.

Edited by openspaceman
link to picture

11 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Yeh, Im flat out with work these days. Could work all the days I want but want home to see the family. Some lads I was out with last night have stayed in Norway since March and have made close to £100,000 in the first 6 months of this year. 

In the grander scheme of things the vast majority of companies out there are not doing well at all. Where the Furlough and wages paid for by the Government, ie you, to end we'd see the reality of the devastation being wrought to the UK. These busy Tree Guys can only go out and make good money and be flat out as long as there is average folks getting paid a wage from either their companies or the Government. If and when that dries up it will have a knock on effect I feel. We're in the eye of the storm just now and have a sense that things are getting back to normal when it could be the exact opposite. I hope not though and I hope those in power see sense and end this charade. 

Congrats on the mortgage payments though, would love to see that one day myself. :D 

I didnt claim owt of the government, had 3 wk at home sorting a building out at the start which i just so as a holiday ,since then been out felling trees, moving timber, selling timber and fencing, and then this last week when i thought my work was coming to a end the phone went mad, can you do some more walling, local council want some trees sorting out on a playing field, can you come and sort some windblown out, can i get some timber off you and hears me thinking when tides where getting right wed onward,s i was going out to sea in my boat fishing for a day or 2 but thats gone tits up now, so this next wk has gone from nowt to over full in 48hrs 5 sites to go to and look at some walling, another site with about 20 windblown spruce, working with another lad on tues, delivering some timber either thursday or friday, so thats my week filled now and probably the next 4 or 5,

12 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

I didnt claim owt of the government, had 3 wk at home sorting a building out at the start which i just so as a holiday ,since then been out felling trees, moving timber, selling timber and fencing, and then this last week when i thought my work was coming to a end the phone went mad, can you do some more walling, local council want some trees sorting out on a playing field, can you come and sort some windblown out, can i get some timber off you and hears me thinking when tides where getting right wed onward,s i was going out to sea in my boat fishing for a day or 2 but thats gone tits up now, so this next wk has gone from nowt to over full in 48hrs 5 sites to go to and look at some walling, another site with about 20 windblown spruce, working with another lad on tues, delivering some timber either thursday or friday, so thats my week filled now and probably the next 4 or 5,

You ain't the only one, spoke with two mates today, ones a general builder he's taken two extensions this last week, enough work to see him through til Christmas, the other is  what I'd call a good all rounder he's taken a few good jobs over the last couple of weeks.

My phone has been quiet over the last few weeks, got a call Saturday afternoon with a good run of work for the next few weeks... I'm booked up to go away on holiday for 10 nights on the 20th of the month... how's ya luck Egg?, my man said, "don't worry, we haven't done much for 3 months it'll still be there when you get back". Which is reassuring.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

So today I had another text from another credit card provider. I previously had a 5k limit and zero balance on the card. They have just slashed my available credit to £75!

So it makes no difference then Steve ?  Unless you were just about to go in deep ?

Edited by Stubby