Stihl ultra

Wolfie

I have been on ultra for a couple of years at least & have had no issues with newer or older saws. I wonder if your fuel has a larger percentage of ethanol in it, which appears to be an increasing issue especially when saws are sat for a period of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

You have had failures with ultra too? So far so good here after a year or so.

I disliked the change from red to blue when I did it because the red gave an instant check that the oil was there whereas I find it harder to notice the blue.

Not run saws in anger fr a while.  But stihl dont know why they keep changing stuff. The posting on ethanol levels might be closer to the truth but i would be furious losing so many saws to that.  K

9 minutes ago, Pete Mctree said:

I have been on ultra for a couple of years at least & have had no issues with newer or older saws. I wonder if your fuel has a larger percentage of ethanol in it, which appears to be an increasing issue especially when saws are sat for a period of time.

Good point about the ethanol . Should be on the side of the pump you use . E5 maybe E10 now or worse . I use Red Line Racing 2t oil mixed with Aspen4 or husky power4 at a ratio of 50:1 .

How old were the saws though, how long do other people's 150s last would be a good question? I know from experience those had done a lot of work.

I agree, Justin’s saw was getting on but Josh’s wasn’t that old and that went first.

1 hour ago, frammo said:

soz putting 372 back together...1999 250ar..use it for green laning...just looked at price on comp 2 plus can ...17.95 litre?

001.JPG

Nice tidy bike,i always raced Honda CRs up until 2006,comp 2 is £11 a ltr in our local shop