Milling olive ash

topchippyles

Couple of photos of the big Olive ash tree that was posted about on here a while back.Really will be stunning slabs when completed and top joinery grade so have a few projects in mind. Will be some nice tables but without the RSJ legs support a certain scottish chap used even though it did look nice.

IMG_20200710_174054182.jpg

IMG_20200710_174105755.jpg

IMG_20200710_203506091.jpg

IMG_20200710_203521049.jpg

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 3

They do look nice, not as nice as the slabs recently purchased by a certain Scottish chap though. Those RSJ’s worked perfectly with the construction theme for the client don’t you think? 
All about personal taste I suppose, a bit like Jonhsond’s headboard. ?

Edited by The avantgardener
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

They do look nice, not as nice as the slabs recently purchased by a certain Scottish chap though. Those RSJ’s worked perfectly with the construction theme for the client don’t you think? 

The photos are from the top section of the tree and only shows what is coming. The main trunk is over 44" wide and 4 metres long.Tree is well over 300 yeas + and they will be stunning as i know the shape the features will show. No RSJs for table legs down here in gods country. Certain scottish chap spends to much time as sea which makes him think outside the box i suppose ? Livings on those steal platform rigs bound to have an effect on ones mind ? Mr Johnsonds headboard ?? Not been on much of late.

35 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

The photos are from the top section of the tree and only shows what is coming. The main trunk is over 44" wide and 4 metres long.Tree is well over 300 yeas + and they will be stunning as i know the shape the features will show. No RSJs for table legs down here in gods country. Certain scottish chap spends to much time as sea which makes him think outside the box i suppose ? Livings on those steal platform rigs bound to have an effect on ones mind ? Mr Johnsonds headboard ?? Not been on much of late.

Still here, currently bouncing around 100 miles NW of Shetland at the min.

30 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Les, I know you like a wind-up, me as well. So I dont blame you for trying.

Now I know certain imperfections runs through your bloodline, does that include reading as well? I guess affected minds is something quite close to home for you, right?  Because Ive clearly stated I did not make that table, twice now. 

I have to be on good behavior these days, otherwise Id have you spitting blue murder, whining about your poor old wife and demanding the Mods shut your thread down. 

By all means post your Ash thread and by all means keep this childish game up, just dont go crying to the mods this time, huh?

1 hour ago, The avantgardener said:

Yeah that headboard eh ?‍♂️. Mrs still loves it, end of day benefits of keeping her happy are far greater than appeasing the woodwork Meisters on here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

You going to mount them on those famous shortened wellington boots?

I have a few iron girders knocking about in the yard. Will have to see what one can come up with and  join in with the apple and oranges gang on here :bash:  

Edited by topchippyles

8 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

That is trigger and his RSJ table then ?

No it wasn’t Andy whom was utterly offended by the I quote ranch style headboard. Regarding the RSJ legs etc to be honest the whole industrial and wood combo is very profitable right now. A mate of mine has just paid a bloody fortune for an rsj and oak staircase on a barn conversion.