Mitsubishi tyres

Tippin Alaybye

8 hours ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

L200 single cab looking at Grabbers At3 as good 50/50. Looking around the net I see them classed on the ORGI system as 1 ie totally on road.

Are they any good in the mud?

The 205R16 excludes BFGs

Any other all terrain suggestions gratefully received

Cooper AT3 are a good compromise . 

• Like 2

Not A/T Tyres but My mate ran a l200 on Kuhmo MT he used it for deer stalking and picking up in winter that trunk would go about any where he pointed it with them on. many a time I've thought no way its going to get though there. Very quiet on road as well 

Edited by woody paul
  • Thanks 1

We are on to our second L200 single cab pickup now and have run both of them on stock tyre for vehicle the Bridgestone Dueler H/T689 (205R16C). It has M + S on the side wall but is classed as a summer tyre I believe (no snowflake symbol). We do quite a lot of off-road driving on rough stone tracks, across farm fields (but not if ground conditions to bad as don't want to cause damage) as well as within woodlands and have never had a problem traction wise, they get quite a bit of abuse off-road which they stand up to, on the road seem fine except when cargo area empty you need to be careful turning out of junctions that the back end doesn't slide. Haven't driven them much on snow but no problem in a few inches. The Grabber A/T3 tread looks like it might be a bit better on snow and mud.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Vedhoggar said:

We are on to our second L200 single cab pickup now and have run both of them on stock tyre for vehicle the Bridgestone Dueler H/T689 (205R16C). It has M + S on the side wall but is classed as a summer tyre I believe (no snowflake symbol). We do quite a lot of off-road driving on rough stone tracks, across farm fields (but not if ground conditions to bad as don't want to cause damage) as well as within woodlands and have never had a problem traction wise, they get quite a bit of abuse off-road which they stand up to, on the road seem fine except when cargo area empty you need to be careful turning out of junctions that the back end doesn't slide. Haven't driven them much on sot onow but no problem in a few inches. The Grabber A/T3 tread looks like it might be a bit better on snow and mud.

yeah, that's what ive got on at the minute. like you say not great in unloaded van but ive been slightly stuck in muddy ruts before so wanted a change. getting the Grabbers in an hour. The Coopers dealer couldn't be arsed so not getting my money

• Like 1