Bratt and colbran money winch.

Captain2407

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/07/2020 at 18:14, Khriss said:

Good for

cardiovascular vascular..... plus you ain't doing much today so pump away !   K

Can't believe this has just happened. Gutted. I was loosing so much weight and enjoying it. Any suggestions? Would a good welder be able to make this strong again? Or anyway to get a new one made?

IMG_20200729_124142.jpg

I just received a Yale micro
-Tirfor by courier. Tiny thing, 500kg, with a 5mm rope. Super dinky and cute. Will post a vid review later. I'm thinking it will come in very handy for bushwhacking type jobs, and for pulling cars off grass and stuff. Plan to keep it in the vehicle kit so it's always about. Problem with the 800kg Chi-clone is it's just a bit too heavy and bulky to bother packing it every time. If I think I'll need it, I'll bring it, but oftentimes I won't and then wish I had.

4 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

I just received a Yale micro
-Tirfor by courier. Tiny thing, 500kg, with a 5mm rope. Super dinky and cute. Will post a vid review later. I'm thinking it will come in very handy for bushwhacking type jobs, and for pulling cars off grass and stuff. Plan to keep it in the vehicle kit so it's always about. Problem with the 800kg Chi-clone is it's just a bit too heavy and bulky to bother packing it every time. If I think I'll need it, I'll bring it, but oftentimes I won't and then wish I had.

This thing I'm using is must weigh at least 60-70 kg (maybe more) my brakes were really bad on the way back home lol. I'm a firm believer that the older stuff is less likely to break (Bad time to say that). Are these tirfors as strong as they say? I hate stuff that breaks on the first day.

6 hours ago, Khriss said:

@Captain2407  shut the doubters up then, aint it  ? K

Doubters can doubt all they like. I like to learn my own lessons. Maybe other people will have a try after that video on youtube. My brother knows a professional welder and is gonna get him to have a go at it like kevm suggested. I've also found a blacksmith that say they can make a copy for £50. Will keep the thread updated. Worst thing is after pulling up that stump it breaks on a measly hedge lol. Must of phoned 20 different places today trying to get it replaced, 350 was the max ?.

• Like 1

That lever bar was not the original one. A poorly made replacement, bound to break. The proper bar is a single length of forged bar stock, with a broached square hole near the end. Way, way stronger than a bit of box profile welded to a pipe! Any welder would make you up something similar to the original very easily.

4 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

That lever bar was not the original one. A poorly made replacement, bound to break. The proper bar is a single length of forged bar stock, with a broached square hole near the end. Way, way stronger than a bit of box profile welded to a pipe! Any welder would make you up something similar to the original very easily.

I'm not sure about that tbh. It's a total perfect fit with a slightly raised groove to make sure it has there is no movement, it would end up rounding the edges if it was not so perfect. I agree that the trewhella design is alot better and maybe that's why you don't see many of these about anymore because of the bad design. I'll know for sure soon hopefully, I've managed to get a 27 page manual printed from some historical library in Derby. Just waiting it to get here. For now tho I've sent the bar to a blacksmith who is going to copy it and make it 8 inches longer and solid forged bar. He is going to reweld the old one aswell. See how they hold up and if not I'll have to pay up for the broached square.