Bratt and colbran money winch.

Captain2407

9 minutes ago, Captain2407 said:

Yes, it should say monkey winch lol. I'll change that now. Yes it's just like the truewhella with 10t load. I just can't see how that old grubby stump could out anchor a healthy tree that is alot bigger in diameter. The anchor tree is also on higher ground which might give me the leverage to pop it out. Really appreciate all the advise guys.

Unless your the hulk and the winch is made of Kryptonite you got no chance.Do you know how far that will be rooted in ? Easier to get fleas of a dog

Edited by topchippyles

2 minutes ago, Captain2407 said:

I was told by the guy I brought it off that he had pulled bigger stumps than this buy just leaving it tensioned over night then try get another click on the cog everyday. He got up one morning after it rained and it had pulled itself out over night. 

Must have had a visit off the fairies during the night ?

If you can put the grunt in, then the Monkey has well enough grunt to drag one of those sets of roots out of the ground. We can place bets if it's going to be the standing tree that you'd like to retain or the stump that you'd like removed.

I know which one Murphy's Law is likely to choose ?

if you want to get the stump out your self then id say digging and chopping at the roots is the way forward.

plus id be carefull when using the winch to put up to 10 tons of force on, if one of the components is not up to it, it could be lethal.