woodland mills trailers

thomasvdb7

Hi all, I've been looking at moving to a mobile mill but looking at the woodland mills website (and Logosol) it seems that the trailers are not for road use. Is this correct? If so, is there a way of making them suitable for road use? Or, are there other mills available that are suitable for road towing? 

Many thanks in advance! 

Thomas

27 minutes ago, thomasvdb7 said:

Hi all, I've been looking at moving to a mobile mill but looking at the woodland mills website (and Logosol) it seems that the trailers are not for road use. Is this correct? If so, is there a way of making them suitable for road use? Or, are there other mills available that are suitable for road towing? 

Many thanks in advance! 

Thomas

strictly speaking i don't think they are but pretty sure it's more to cover themselves, but everyone tows them on the road with no issues at all!

if they sell them with: LED light kit (stop, turn, tail, side markers and licence plate light)

never heard of anyone having any issues whatsoever

strictly speaking once the sawmill is built onto the trailer, into, in woodlands case, it ceases to be a trailer as such, and becomes a piece of towed equipment which for some weird reason falls under agricultural rules, so as long as it has suspension , and complies with lighting regs, and weight restrictions, I dont know about the others but the woodlands HM126 with 1 extension  just falls under the 750kg rule, theres nothing to stop you pulling it anywhere you want......to be absolutly sure , when its built weigh it and keep the printout from the weighbridge in case your stopped

Many thanks in advance! 

Thomas

My Logosol Trailer is plated for road use. Designed to keep the Mill and trailer under 750kg so does not need to be braked. Not cheap though but it is perfectly road legal. The Trailer is built by Knott. 

I have the first Generation B751 though, which is still available. You then order the Trailer though your dealer or cut out the middle man and order direct from either Knott or Logosol in Germany.

The Pro version is newer but Id be very surprised if it is not road legal. Speak with Per and he'll keep you right. 

IMG_8187.jpgIMG_8232.jpg

• Like 1