Importing Stihl MS 880 from Canada??

cessna

I  am considering purchasing a Stihl MS 880 via ebay the "Chainsawguy", it quite clearly states that  one contacts them for shipping to the uk.  Has any one else  dealt with "chainsawguy".  I do realise that Stihl have now stopped selling the 880 in the uk because of emission regulations. Many thanks for any opinions.

8 hours ago, cessna said:

I  am considering purchasing a Stihl MS 880 via ebay the "Chainsawguy", it quite clearly states that  one contacts them for shipping to the uk.  Has any one else  dealt with "chainsawguy".  I do realise that Stihl have now stopped selling the 880 in the uk because of emission regulations. Many thanks for any opinions.

I think I have had stuff from him in the past . You will most likely get clobbered for import duty and a customs " handling  " charge .

• Thanks 1

Over here, R of I, we get charged VAT @ 23% on the cost of the item and cost of postage plus a 10 euro admin fee. If the goods cost more than 150 euro then import duty applies. On my last arrival of "stuff" valued at $140 + $131 p&p I got charged 65 euro incl the admin fee so it soon adds up and I would guess HMRC would have a much the same charges ? The suggestion of pre paying is a good one.

Why from the states ? i dont know if you want new or second hand ? there was 2 new 880s from a dealer that appeared on ebay last friday (3rd july), £1850 each with 36" bar n chain, both sold by sat evening, there will be a few sat about in dealers in the Uk, you will just have to ring round and find one, then there is another thing to conssider,  if the one you import goes tits up whats your comeback on the guy you bought it from in the states ? buying from overseas just seems a big headache to me, only ever done it once and as others above have said costs add up, hold out and keep looking in the UK and the right saw at the right time will crop up, but its no good looking once a week, every day will help you get what you want, 

2 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

Why from the states ? i dont know if you want new or second hand ? there was 2 new 880s from a dealer that appeared on ebay last friday (3rd july), £1850 each with 36" bar n chain, both sold by sat evening, there will be a few sat about in dealers in the Uk, you will just have to ring round and find one, then there is another thing to conssider,  if the one you import goes tits up whats your comeback on the guy you bought it from in the states ? buying from overseas just seems a big headache to me, only ever done it once and as others above have said costs add up, hold out and keep looking in the UK and the right saw at the right time will crop up, but its no good looking once a week, every day will help you get what you want, 

There is an 880 on there right now ( 2014 model ) . 2 days to go and a £1,060 at the moment ripping chains + 2 mills . U.K. collection only from somewhere called Charlesworth . .

Edited by Stubby

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

There is an 880 on there right now ( 2014 model ) . 2 days to go and a £1,060 at the moment ripping chains + 2 mills . U.K. collection only from somewhere called Charlesworth . .

Yes seen that one Stubby, there has been a few of late but been making strong money, there is several 880s i know of that have been bought by lads and hardly ever used, one i know of and tried to purchase several times has been sat on a shelf in a garage for 5 yrs as i know of and its only ever cut 2 discs off a 3ft piece of Oak and that was done the day he bought it, never run since ! but he is one of them who likes to say i have one of them, there awsome !!, i picked up a 2014 660 about 2 wk ago which was bought for clearing some fallen trees in 2014, used for 2/3 days and probably only had 15-20 ltrs fuel through it, he asked £400 for it, so thank you very much yes please, got it home had it running in about 10 mins all ok so cleaned it up and flipped it with in an hour, 

• Like 2

On 04/07/2020 at 22:52, cessna said:

Quick, someone is selling another 4 new ones on ebay 

They won't be on there long at all