Pool advice

Cagney14

Thinking about adding a pool in the backyard. There's an area where I have some Magnolia trees, quite lovely, and want to make a nice setup of it, the trees surrounding the pool. Have a few questions if any of you have experience with this, though. For one, should I go with an in-ground or above ground pool? I'm looking for a smart budget pick in the long run, not necessarily upfront. Secondly, almost everyone gave me hell that trees next to the pool equals disaster for cleaning it. I'm willing to put in the extra work I guess to keep everything clean and safe, so this wouldn't be an issue all that much. It's safe if I clean it regularly, right?

3 hours ago, Cagney14 said:

Thinking about adding a pool in the backyard. There's an area where I have some Magnolia trees, quite lovely, and want to make a nice setup of it, the trees surrounding the pool. Have a few questions if any of you have experience with this, though. For one, should I go with an in-ground or above ground pool? I'm looking for a smart budget pick in the long run, not necessarily upfront. Secondly, almost everyone gave me hell that trees next to the pool equals disaster for cleaning it. I'm willing to put in the extra work I guess to keep everything clean and safe, so this wouldn't be an issue all that much. It's safe if I clean it regularly, right?

Pool + trees=Work A debris cover works to a small extent, however the wind will lift it up and insert all the debris straight into the pool. With a solar cover all the rubbish just blows to the edge and then into the pool. I get willow and Oak blown in from all directions, none of which overhang the pool.

Edited by Deafhead
More info.

Oh, you're not going to have a good time with cleaning the pool, that's for sure. If you fit the cover tight, it won't get blown over by wind or something, but leaves and twigs might still get in there. Prepare yourself to periodically skim the pool, that's for sure. You could always get your hands on an automatic pool cleaner, there are even robot devices that filter the water and clean the floor, walls, and so on, all on their own, but these cost a few bucks. What you're describing is aesthetically OK, but it's a lot of hassle. What's sure is that without a cover, that you have to pin down as well as you can, you'll barely be able to swim in the pool cause most of your time will be wasted on cleaning it.

https://www.optimainstitute.com/pool/cleaning-robot.html

https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Your-Own-Pool

https://home.howstuffworks.com/10-pool-maintenance-tips1.htm

• 1 month later...
On 03/07/2020 at 11:00, Cagney14 said:

No pool is budget cheap to buy expensive to run , expensive to buy very expensive to run 

• Confused 1