Polish Qualifications are they transferable

2 hours ago, frammo said:

you have missed the bit where they are happy to live 10 to a house ,work for way less than the uk trade rates and then

run off home when they have enough money to live kings lifestyle in poland...yes they work well but thats not enough IMHO

..... I think Cornwall is safe for a bit  ?   k

13 minutes ago, frammo said:

like i said it is opinion...have workedalongside,,have rented rooms to them and have had two eastern european gf,s

tend to pick upthings  ...imho of course ..anyways sunday is beer time .enjoy your eve?ps

are really really having to go abroad to get labour with our unemployment rates as they are ...sleep well

Half our staff are Irish, other half are Eastern bloc,  so wont be throwing any stones  ?  K

13 minutes ago, frammo said:

spent lot of time working in spalding ..go to boston for night out ?

not throwing stones..just care about our economy

Boston is little portugal. Actually prefer the Eastern bloc lads, work hard. But every other white english i have worked with been hopeless. And im white english.  K

31 minutes ago, frammo said:

ps

are really really having to go abroad to get labour with our unemployment rates as they are ...sleep well

I am not surprised that the OP has looked elsewhere to fill a role.
The amount of experienced Foresters that have left the industry since harvesters took over a large volume of cutting work has not been replaced by the younger generation. There is a massive shortage of good young cutters in Forestry, everyone wants to go into Arb.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

So what’s your answer to the shortage of young Forestry hand cutters who want to train the Forestry units to get into Arb instead, I am all ears.

Pay more .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, frammo said:

out of a matter of interest what did you do to help theses cutters get retrained as harvester drivers so they werent unemployed ?

I don’t know what you are talking about?

I have worked in Forestry for 26 years, in that time I have observed most of the experienced older guys retiring or going into machine work. There are very few younger people coming through to replace them, that’s maybe why the OP has looked elsewhere for staff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, frammo said:

so you dont know what i am talking about and you have sat on your butt for 26 years and watched demise of your industry and now you are asking an engineer for answers ...get a life m8 and enjoy your eve

I know exactly what I am talking about, it seems there is only me that does in this conversation.

On 02/07/2020 at 22:12, Jackie Quirke said:

We are considering recruiting a gentleman from Poland who has lots of experience and a Certificate of Higher Education as a Forester Technician.  Will he have to go through all his UK tickets before he can work or is his Polish qualification transferable?  Any advice appreciated.  Thanks.

Did you recruit from Poland, or did they find you in the UK?