Polish Qualifications are they transferable

We are considering recruiting a gentleman from Poland who has lots of experience and a Certificate of Higher Education as a Forester Technician.  Will he have to go through all his UK tickets before he can work or is his Polish qualification transferable?  Any advice appreciated.  Thanks.

I would say it is very unlikely that they are transferable. I worked with a guy from NZ who had similar qualifications, not recognised here as the standards/equivalents cannot be regulated.

What do you require him to do for his employment?
If he is any good he could just download the schedules and do the NPTC Assessments, CS30/31 and CS32 would get him a start in Forestry, £500 would cover the Assessment costs.

1 hour ago, Jackie Quirke said:

As stated by "avantgardener" it is only going to be about £500 to get him through the relevant UK assessments (assessments only, not full course) and after the first day on the job he has been named "the machine" :)  

I have yet to work with a Pole who didn’t have an extremely good work ethic, and the Polish Forests are some of the finest you will encounter.
Just download the NPTC schedules for the relevant tickets and go through it with him, job done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frammo said:

you have missed the bit where they are happy to live 10 to a house ,work for way less than the uk trade rates and then

run off home when they have enough money to live kings lifestyle in poland...yes they work well but thats not enough IMHO

This may happen in your trade, but I have not encountered any Polish Forestry workers here in the UK in the last 10 years, and I cover quite a large area of the South East.
I know English lads who live on site in caravans and campers to keep living costs down and earn more to take home, people’s domestic arrangement are their business.