Stihl HSA86 hedgecutter

Caring for Gardens

Question

I just wondered if anyone else was experiencing really bad problems with Stihl at the moment as they have taken over 6 weeks to supply their battery equipment to support using the HSA86 with having the battery fitted to a harness and belt. Seems like they are struggling to deliver on their battery equipment options. Views?

6 minutes ago, Caring for Gardens said:

I just wondered if anyone else was experiencing really bad problems with Stihl at the moment as they have taken over 6 weeks to supply their battery equipment to support using the HSA86 with having the battery fitted to a harness and belt. Seems like they are struggling to deliver on their battery equipment options. Views?

Maybe they have staff that are furloughed ? 

Most companies will get parts manufactured in China and also have had Stihl pistons manufactured in Brazil. This Covid virus has hit the supply chains of all manufacturers and Stihl are no different. I am waiting far longer for parts than ever before unless they are in stock or in the UK supply chain.

It is what it is. The choices are wait or purchase what is available!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Caring for Gardens said:

6 weeks kinds of goes against the furlough argument though as they are supposed to be an international company and Husqvarna don’t have these problems with their comparable battery equipment. Hence the post. 

I use Husqvarna so don't have this problem ☺️

• Like 2

Been waiting 3 wks for a clutch for MS200t, lots of parts on back order. Lots of prob's with supply chain, no point getting upset about it, it will appear when it does.

• Like 1

Thanks Mark and I have tried all of them that I know. Things are taking longer as I had to wait a while for a clutch for a really old Tanaka strimmer. However, with Stihl it seems to be that they have marketed certain battery equipment in their catalogue that is yet to be released. Apparently it’s not uncommon. 

On 02/07/2020 at 20:30, htb said:

Been waiting 3 wks for a clutch for MS200t, lots of parts on back order. Lots of prob's with supply chain, no point getting upset about it, it will appear when it does.

Looks like those clutches are out of stock until the beginning of next month. 

I imagine it will be quite some time before things get back to 'normal' with so many manufacturing factories having shut down over the last 3 months. At least the main consumables i.e, chains, files oil etc seem unaffected for now. Although they are usually manufactured in massive bulk to its not to say we may see a short supply in the next month or two.

• Thanks 1