Working safely

neiln

I feel sorry for you gents making a living from tree work when you have to contend with the likes I saw this morning.  I heard a tool start up so walked to the window to see across the road... White van unmarked, guy in crocs shorts, t- shirt, walked from van into garden, initially while revving the saw then with it in his right hand and bar by his leg (bar backwards at least, but).  He then goes up a step ladder and proceeds to take the top out a Leylandii hedge.  Most would have been quicker with loppers, a bow saw would have got the trunk in 20 seconds but no.  A few minutes later I saw him start a pole tool ...... With hedge trimmer attachment on the end which was useless.  Wong tools for the job and the disregard for ppe and chainsaw safety was stunning.  Still... He won't be competing with you for long i guess!

1 hour ago, HuntingHicap said:

Was it Jackp??

They r all against me now  ?.

On this subject though there is No excuses why he didn’t spend 70 quid for basic saw PPE. I have topped some medium sized ones before on tripod ladder safely but tend to stand right back with long extending pole saw and take it in small chunks  .

4 minutes ago, Jack.P said:

They r all against me now  ?.

On this subject though there is No excuses why he didn’t spend 70 quid for basic saw PPE. I have topped some medium sized ones before on tripod ladder safely but tend to stand right back with long extending pole saw and take it in small chunks  .

I don't care really . Just thought I would say .

• Like 1