Purple Heart value ??

Johnsond

5 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Might be getting the chance to get hold of a substantial quantity of Purple and Green Heart  piles.

Perhaps the best use for them might be to find someone needing piles and hence avoiding the need to mill them at all....So repurposed for their original use....If they're clean they may have considerable value to someone building a jetty or a bridge, cheers.

2 hours ago, Macpherson said:

Perhaps the best use for them might be to find someone needing piles and hence avoiding the need to mill them at all....So repurposed for their original use....If they're clean they may have considerable value to someone building a jetty or a bridge, cheers.

Loads of options at the moment to think of in regards best route to take for a return, whatever comes from the timber will be a bonus as the job is basically payment for extraction of what’s there and keep the piles so zero cost on the timber itself. Ive cut plenty of these off at bed level using a Dan arm air powered saw and know what a bugger they are to deal with. As I said the tops have never been submerged but obviously have taken waves and spray etc over the years. End of the day it would be good to see it get re used rather than ending up scrapped or burnt. 

• Like 2

TCT blades are recommended for milling the beams...

the amount of crap like sand and silt that will be in the cracks will dull anything else in seconds.

what section are the beams available???

green heart should not be worth alot as there are literally thousands of beams all over the UK.

the PH will only be worth something if it has a good amount of colour but purpleheart can be a bland greyish or brown.

40 minutes ago, se7enthdevil said:

TCT blades are recommended for milling the beams...

the amount of crap like sand and silt that will be in the cracks will dull anything else in seconds.

what section are the beams available???

green heart should not be worth alot as there are literally thousands of beams all over the UK.

the PH will only be worth something if it has a good amount of colour but purpleheart can be a bland greyish or brown.

Two different sizes approx 600x600 and 400x400, first ones are probs biggest I’ve seen on a removal job in years. 

All the sections above the tidal range are in excellent condition. 

Hi  I would be interested in some greenheart polishes up amazing ,but it's the only timber my 880 bounced off on my first go at milling it I made a mallet from some and even put the head on the wrong way round and it's still in one piece it's my go to big mallet ,Greenheart comes up dark brown with like a gold flecks it's cool please keep me in mind d for some 

Thanks Mark 

14 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi  I would be interested in some greenheart polishes up amazing ,but it's the only timber my 880 bounced off on my first go at milling it I made a mallet from some and even put the head on the wrong way round and it's still in one piece it's my go to big mallet ,Greenheart comes up dark brown with like a gold flecks it's cool please keep me in mind d for some 

Thanks Mark 

If it comes off Mark I’ll no doubt put the efforts on here. No probs ref putting some aside ?

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

Two different sizes approx 600x600 and 400x400, first ones are probs biggest I’ve seen on a removal job in years. 

All the sections above the tidal range are in excellent condition. 

sounds like you should be able to recover some good timber from the PH if it's near 2' square.

as a woodturner i think there is the possibility for some large turning squares to be sold from some of that lot.

how many beams of purple heart are that size???

4 minutes ago, se7enthdevil said:

sounds like you should be able to recover some good timber from the PH if it's near 2' square.

as a woodturner i think there is the possibility for some large turning squares to be sold from some of that lot.

how many beams of purple heart are that size???

Full site survey ref what percentage of PH v GH yet to be done so bit of a guess at min. It’s a decent size structure though so we are not talking just one or two piles.