Leicester

eggsarascal

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

I agree to some extent Andy but you know my circumstances bud ie zero from anyone since March. Working now but not due a payment till August  so I can see how people end  up in the  shit.  

It's another one of his ill thought out ideas, I know lads who've drawn dividends out of Ltd companies that would be ticking along nicely if their businesses hadn't been shut down, and have had nothing since things closed down (I know they do it to pay less tax, but it's legal) but feck me, Andy, get your head around what is going on around you.

I also know lads that have 'claimed' the grants and the bounce back loan to pay off other debts because of the no/low interest rate when their business wasn't affected by the virus. 

4 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

It's another one of his ill thought out ideas, I know lads who've drawn dividends out of Ltd companies that would be ticking along nicely if their businesses hadn't been shut down, and have had nothing since things closed down (I know they do it to pay less tax, but it's legal) but feck me, Andy, get your head around what is going on around you.

I also know lads that have 'claimed' the grants and the bounce back loan to pay off other debts because of the no/low interest rate when their business wasn't affected by the virus. 

So? We're all going to get shafted royally for this, might as well have the free lube.

I bet there's plenty on here sitting pretty in a house that's doubled in value that they bought with a self cert mortgage from back in the day.

10 hours ago, Johnsond said:

I agree to some extent Andy but you know my circumstances bud ie zero from anyone since March. Working now but not due a payment till August  so I can see how people end  up in the  shit.  

Well thats true Dave, never thought of it from that angle. SE folk like yourself have been royally shafted. If the food banks where being used by hardworking folk who where struggling in these times through no fault of their own Id be all for them, but they certainly dont seem to be. 

9 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Sorry Eggs, I just dont agree. There is a small percentage of SE folk in the UK and where it to be mainly good hard working folk who in times of need, like just now, who where using them then Id agree. But its simply not the case. Food bank useage has been increasing for years. Its not a C-19 generated issue although c-19 might have exasperated it. Its always the same folk milling around outside these Food Banks. Its well known round our way who uses the local Food bank, maybe its different in the one you worked in. 

41 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Sorry Eggs, I just dont agree. There is a small percentage of SE folk in the UK and where it to be mainly good hard working folk who in times of need, like just now, who where using them then Id agree. But its simply not the case. Food bank useage has been increasing for years. Its not a C-19 generated issue although c-19 might have exasperated it. Its always the same folk milling around outside these Food Banks. Its well known round our way who uses the local Food bank, maybe its different in the one you worked in. 

Why do you think food bank useage been increasing for years?
Who are the well known people round 'your way' who use food banks?

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

Well thats true Dave, never thought of it from that angle. SE folk like yourself have been royally shafted. If the food banks where being used by hardworking folk who where struggling in these times through no fault of their own Id be all for them, but they certainly dont seem to be. 

Mate I’d be the first to help people if possible and rarely walk past a guy  on the streets without dropping something his way. I totally support a state sponsored safety net. My gripe is the bloody economic chaos being caused by the hysterical overreaction to this virus, in particular in Scotland. 

• Like 1

Just now, Johnsond said:

Mate I’d be the first to help people if possible and rarely walk past a guy  on the streets without dropping something his way. I totally support a state sponsored safety net. My gripe is the bloody economic chaos being caused by the hysterical overreaction to this virus, in particular in Scotland. 

100% agree, there should be a better state sponsored safety net. When you pay as much as you do in tax then you should be looked after in times of need. Its the whole point of NI after all. Its just lost its way completely now.

100% agree, there should be a better state sponsored safety net.

Good Ghod I don't believe what I'm seeing but agree

When you pay as much as you do in tax then you should be looked after in times of need. Its the whole point of NI after all. Its just lost its way completely now.

NI should pay for health and pensions but it doesn't, tax pays for what the government does on our behalf and its own funding.

Just now, openspaceman said:

Good Ghod I don't believe what I'm seeing but agree

:D Ive always said as much. If you pay your tax and NI you should be well covered when things go wrong. I pay a fair bit in tax in Norway but I dont grumble as even higher earners get looked after over there.  I think the Dole over there is 60% of your previous wage etc.

Every 1st world country should have a good safety net. Thats not my gripe, its the bloated and heavily abused welfare state we now have in the UK where living off of the dole is a lifestyle choice and there is simply no incentive to work when the funds and perks offered are almost as good as full time work, and not on the odd occasion higher. 

Just now, openspaceman said:

NI should pay for health and pensions but it doesn't, tax pays for what the government does on our behalf and its own funding.

Yes, you're correct. I got it wrong above. :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

:D Ive always said as much. If you pay your tax and NI you should be well covered when things go wrong. I pay a fair bit in tax in Norway but I dont grumble as even higher earners get looked after over there.  I think the Dole over there is 60% of your previous wage etc.

Every 1st world country should have a good safety net. Thats not my gripe, its the bloated and heavily abused welfare state we now have in the UK where living off of the dole is a lifestyle choice and there is simply no incentive to work when the funds and perks offered are almost as good as full time work, and not on the odd occasion higher. 

Yes, you're correct. I got it wrong above. :) 

How do 'they' over abuse the welfare state? My mate recently signed on after loosing his job, he gets his rent paid and (I think) £96 a week, not a lot left after he's paid his other bills, good job he's got a bit of savings, but that won't last long unless he can find another job.