Few Milling jobs lately.

trigger_andy

Been asked to do more milling jobs locally, having bought a new project car and a rare engine I needed the funds so thought why not. Upped my prices to £45 an hour with the first band free then each band after that either a sharpen charger or a replacement depending on if its just blunt or damaged.  

Seems like Larch milled products are getting scarce. The lad I milled for today is inundated with orders. 

IMG_8187.jpgIMG_7860.jpgIMG_8089.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, Squaredy said:

Interesting car what is it?

Its a super rare 1969 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible. Its one of 5 RHD Convertibles built for the UK market between 1967 and 1969. One is officially crushed and two are back in the US.  The other two where thought to be lost till this one turned up. 

Plymouth (Chrysler) never made a penny on these cars. They where built in the US with all the goodies like 4 pot disk brakes, limited slip diffs, Heavy Duty Suspension etc. Finding the RHD parts will be a struggle. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Its a super rare 1969 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible. Its one of 5 RHD Convertibles built for the UK market between 1967 and 1969. One is officially crushed and two are back in the US.  The other two where thought to be lost till this one turned up. 

Plymouth (Chrysler) never made a penny on these cars. They where built in the US with all the goodies like 4 pot disk brakes, limited slip diffs, Heavy Duty Suspension etc. Finding the RHD parts will be a struggle. 

Oooohhhh what a find.  Do put some pics up here!

• Like 1

Oooohhhh what a find.  Do put some pics up here!

I know! I had to have it and raided my daughters driving lesson piggy bank. Wife made me replace it ASAP.

It’s in with it’s Stablemate. Both A Bodies, both RHD. One for the U.K. market, one for the Australian. IMG_8184.jpg
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Squaredy said:

Much work needed?  And you must tell us what size engine!  Auto I hope?

Its been stripped down to a rolling shell to deal with what little rust it has. Its surprisingly solid, Im assuming because its a Convertible its not been out in the rain much. The previous owner had this down at a restoration shop then ran out of money or something. So there is a box of all the parts sitting somewhere and Im trying to track them down. 

It was originally a 5.2 V8 with an Auto Trans. But as long as the originals are missing I'll be putting in the 340 I found this month and is now in an engine shop. The 340 (5.6) is a vastly superior engine, high compression, big valves, forged internals etc.  Its been previously rebuilt by the same shop its now back at and its been rebuilt with some very nice parts. I'll get it checked over then dino'd and i'm guessing it will be 350-400hp. The Barracuda could have had this engine as an option from new so its an ok swap. I'll maybe go auto but I prefer a manual, so we'll see. 

As its been stripped down this far I think I'll get it acid dipped. 

• Like 4