Starting a Tree business

TheTreeBarber

With more and more things going online, I think that that's the future. I'd just be wary of sinking a load of cash into getting a website at the top of listings, cos you'll find you'll get dozens of companies promising to do that for you. 1st page of Google most list ten thousand entries, judging from the spam I get.

Sign writing is good, advertising you even while you're parked in Tesco's. Business cards are cheap, hand them out to customers like confetti.

You can have something on Facebook for nothing, run it basic and don't pay for anything but you have to work at it. I think FB reckon you should be adding posts at least 3-4 times a week. Hard work to keep it interesting enough to be shared (whatever the term is) but the analytics are useful to see what's getting looked at, so you can tailor your posts for visibility.

Getting your company name out there is a slow process, word of mouth is the best introduction so capitalise on that and don't lose out by being late for appointments, be professional in all your client dealings and you'll get there in the end. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stubby said:

Drop a biggun through someone's garage and poison their fish with chain oil . That should do it .   :) They will think the old 

Why not drop a bigun in the fish pond ?? No 2 from the rear end will leave a floating message ?They will think the coy carp are on steroids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What’s the best way to get your name out there
Sex tape with a celebrity.

But seriously,
Quality work speaks for itself, whatever jobs you do get, do them well and give some business cards to your clients, also a sign onsite while you're there with your company name and contact details (if you dont already have sign written vehicles)
I've done minimal advertising over the years, finding word of mouth to be the best advert.

I wouldnt reccomend leaflet drops personally. I dont think it's a good "look"

If you have friends in construction/property maintenance etc, ask them to put your name forward to any potential clients.

You might be able to get some over spill from other tree companies in your area, it may be worth contacting them, but beware! People often offload their most awkward clients first!
However, if you manage to please the difficult clients, they can become valuable assets when it comes to gaining other work in the same area.

Or, as some seem to think, you could smash a conservatory/pool/classic car doing a stunt fell and leg it with the deposit. (This will work as great advertising for the rest of us!)