Pubs re opening Covid-19

eggsarascal

I've just been down the local village there are two blokes putting up that orange barrier mesh (don't know what it's called) around the tables outside the pub. Being a nosey git I had to ask them what it was about..... "Social distancing, mate".... "fair enough, how's that going to work in the bogs?"...... "no idea, we've just been told to separate the tables". I'll take my phone next time I'm out and get a picture.

Edited by eggsarascal

I love the pub always have but I won’t be returning for a while. Not worried about the virus, if anything I’m a bit of a sceptic of lockdown, but it looks like it’s gonna be rubbish. Why would I spend four quid a pint to sit away from everyone, served by a fella in a SARS mask, with no live music, having rung to book for the privilege, when for a quid a pint I could get a case from the co op and drink it in my own very nice garden where none of us are wearing masks without an inch of hazard tape in sight?! I get that pubs are struggling but I need a bit more incentive to visit than just “so they can have some money”

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Khriss said:

I think it will fall appart quite quickly. Pissed people n netting dont mix. Plus, home drinking is the normal position for people now - along with home working . K

Exactly Khriss . I have put a sign up over my door saying " The Stubbys Arms " .

• Like 2

I think differently, I think pubs will be rammed in some places, (mainly outside), our local pub is sort of in no mans land and used by a lot in the village. If they don't turn out we will be left without a pub within a couple of miles or more.

1 hour ago, Kent Arboreal said:

I love the pub always have but I won’t be returning for a while. Not worried about the virus, if anything I’m a bit of a sceptic of lockdown, but it looks like it’s gonna be rubbish. Why would I spend four quid a pint to sit away from everyone, served by a fella in a SARS mask, with no live music, having rung to book for the privilege, when for a quid a pint I could get a case from the co op and drink it in my own very nice garden where none of us are wearing masks without an inch of hazard tape in sight?! I get that pubs are struggling but I need a bit more incentive to visit than just “so they can have some money”

I think that’s about it in a nutshell actually- certainly the way I think about it, but looking at the state of the beaches  this last week I can see that I’m not of the same mindset as a large percentage of the population! I think they will be very busy- I’m glad for them as buisnesses, but will be interesting to see what happens from them on...

1 hour ago, Kent Arboreal said:

With you on that one. Only thing I miss about pubs is going out for dinner. We will probably use country pubs mid week when they are hopefully quiet. Used to often go for carverys at the likes of the Marston chain. Average food, cheap price, but will be avoiding pubs like that for sure.

• Like 1

I think that’s about it in a nutshell actually- certainly the way I think about it, but looking at the state of the beaches  this last week I can see that I’m not of the same mindset as a large percentage of the population! I think they will be very busy- I’m glad for them as buisnesses, but will be interesting to see what happens from them on...

The majority of people in the UK are thick as mince. If the government told the population they’re free to turn themselves in to an abattoir on July 4th, there’d be queues.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2