Subcontractor work

Jack.P

39 minutes ago, Jack.P said:

At least he is consistent messer .quite entertaining infact to watch some days .

But still clueless and annoying to work with

And yet still you go and work for him! Seems he’s better at securing work than you are!!!

must be doing something right

12 hours ago, Jack.P said:

Been back with the messer this week on some jobs  .some low quality hedge work he did today but I tried to make up for his bodgery and I thought I’d try his tools out which he had kept on about and implying they were better than mine .only just about useable and ment being held up with naff tools. 

Also didn’t feel too good after breathing in all that unleaded mix he gave me - with way too much oil in the mix .doesnt even though how to mix 50:1 it would also seem ?

good job I didn’t put that in my trusted machines

still don’t know how people like this actually get the work in the first place .

Even said to a woman earlier on a job all waste goes to a farm then burned.could have at least lied and said it’s recycled.not very professional at all

Might be worth pointing out to him that as he is transporting 'waste'  not 'recycle material '  he needs a 'waste license' or he is liable for a fine.  K

Do you have a YouTube channel “Jack?”  

Maybe you could do some unboxing and user vids to finally answer the Husky / Sthil question , maybe some online business and operations tutorials? Training and mentoring?

Im wondering if there’s any way I can attach a roller to a pole saw so that I can offer house painting and tree lopping without having to change tools?  Any thoughts?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Do you have a YouTube channel “Jack?”  

Maybe you could do some unboxing and user vids to finally answer the Husky / Sthil question , maybe some online business and operations tutorials? Training and mentoring?

Im wondering if there’s any way I can attach a roller to a pole saw so that I can offer house painting and tree lopping without having to change tools?  Any thoughts?

the roller would go round way too fast .mrs muggins windows plus rest of the house would also be painted white ?

Stihl is ok but trying echo and more husqvarna stuff next time 

Yeap you broke the number one rule there bud. Never go behind your prime contractors back to deal with a client directly. It shows a complete and utter lack of respect, breaks down all trust. So what if he makes £150 out of you for doing “nothing” it’s how it works, he was the one who won the customer originally, you one day will do the same. Secondly the fact the blokes offered for you to borrow his tools considering you went behind his back is astounding. I’ve had plenty of clients approach me while subcontracting and the answer has always been no. Out of respect, reputation and why cut open the golden goose. Sorry but if a rant but I’ve had someone try and do this to me before and I was frothing

Edited by Martin du Preez
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

As it happens above matey put me on large hedging job this week to sort out and the work was all done to spec and client happy but now starts slagging me off again implying I’m slow and my tools underpowered etc all untrue but I guess he under quoted  the work maybe .so working relationship now completely over but doing some groundy work next week for another guy and will be going solo now.

On 08/07/2020 at 22:37, Martin du Preez said:

Yeap you broke the number one rule there bud. Never go behind your prime contractors back to deal with a client directly. It shows a complete and utter lack of respect, breaks down all trust. So what if he makes £150 out of you for doing “nothing” it’s how it works, he was the one who won the customer originally, you one day will do the same. Secondly the fact the blokes offered for you to borrow his tools considering you went behind his back is astounding. I’ve had plenty of clients approach me while subcontracting and the answer has always been no. Out of respect, reputation and why cut open the golden goose. Sorry but if a rant but I’ve had someone try and do this to me before and I was frothing

..... Ave yer.... Not had anyone short change you on yr wages, turned you down fr that bank loan, got you to move abt 100 miles on possibilities, then when contract ended - mug you off?  Have you turn up to work with a bunch of ****************ing piss take monkeys operating shite gear n ****************kd plant. Probly not.  K

Edited by Khriss
.... And lucky you then.

... And by the way  - there is no Number One rule, unless yr one of the idiots who think in Arb or Forestry there is a Number One Rule..... Frankly this pompous crap is tedious.  Glass Houses,   kettle noire    etc .  K

• Like 1