Transporting chipper from Scotland to Wales

jfc

Hi Folks,

So I have someone keen to buy my chipper (through Arbtrader). He lives in Wales and I'm in Scotland, which is about 430miles and 8hr drive each way. Apart from us driving halfway any suggestions for economical ways to transport it such a distance, ie haulage firms, car transporter?

Cheers,

Jan.

try 

WWW.SHIPLY.COM

As featured by the BBC, Sunday Times & Daily Telegraph. Hassle free courier services with Shiply. Save time and money when customer rated courier companies compete for your...

list it on there, then people will bid on it for the cheapest price

someone used it with me before when i sold a ride on to a different part of the country!

• Like 1

Post on here and you will get all the quotes needed. I have used this method a lot but depending where in wales but may be worth giving john pearce a ring as he covers all south and west wales and has a large fleet covering all of the uk. I would say between £100-150 on a double pallet

Pallet Online - Palletline - Free Online Easy Quote & Book‎

John Pearce Glynneath Ltd 

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 1

Just quoted a double pallet on palletline and its £159 from fife to south wales. You may get it on a single one which comes in at £85 and weight does not come into this. You get a 2 hr slot when picked up and all insured with a 2 hr time slot for delivery time. Not worth pissing about.

Edited by topchippyles

33 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Just quoted a double pallet on palletline and its £159 from fife to south wales. You may get it on a single one which comes in at £85 and weight does not come into this. You get a 2 hr slot when picked up and all insured with a 2 hr time slot for delivery time. Not worth pissing about.

wow that would be great, I will look into fully.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jfc said:

wow that would be great, I will look into fully.

Just click on the palletline link above and enter post codes and that is pretty much it apart from the booking side then which is all done online. Its pretty much like Uber for the transport companies and all the big boys use it.

Edited by topchippyles

I'd rather deal face to face, see the item before any money is parted, the distance just means 2 tanks of diesel and a weekend. I've bought equipment from over the border plenty of times, my digger was in North Wales, I was in Lancashire just last week and that's taking it back up to the Highlands.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, scbk said:

I'd rather deal face to face, see the item before any money is parted, the distance just means 2 tanks of diesel and a weekend. I've bought equipment from over the border plenty of times, my digger was in North Wales, I was in Lancashire just last week and that's taking it back up to the Highlands.

That is between the buyer and seller to decide.