Echo DCS- 2500t

bigtreedon

Here’s my real world weight comparison of my battery and petrol top handle saws. 

Husky T535i, 10” bar, BLI200 battery, full tank of chain oil.

4.3kg

versus

Stihl 201TCM, 14”, fuel and oil.

4.9kg

versus

Echo 2511TES, 10”, fuel and oil.

3.1kg

I’ve handled the t540i in the showroom and weight and size feel just like my t535i.

No experience of new battery Echo.

• Like 1

On 18/07/2020 at 15:57, Piston Skirt said:

Here’s one more review:

this Li saw is the dogs baws.  I tested it yesserday on a large cherry crown lift / crown part reduce and a boxelder maple reduction/thin.  It is truly amazing to use and i would go so far as to say it would be a great tool for training a new climber where they don't have to mess about with a hot saw and struggle to hear instructions from the ground.  I can get one on a 10'' C&B with 2 batteries and a charger for £770 inclusive of VAT. 

I've converted the lbs to kg to compare:
2511 10" : 3.05kg
2500T 10" : 3.16kg

Then, thought our kitchen scales only went to 3kg but turns out they will do 5kg.

MS201T 14" Stihl 3/8P: 4.82kg
MS150T 10" Stihl 1/4: 3.29kg
DUC256 10" Makita 3/8P: 4.67kg
DUC254 8" Panther 1/4: 3.15kg

So the 2500T is same weight as DUC254, I suspect with higher battery voltage cuts better on bigger wood.

Would be great to see some side by side cutting comparison

Anyone got a MSA161T they could put on the scales?

Tested one on Wednesday whilst the rep was at work, put it through a ten inch round and was seriously impressed. Seems to cut quicker than the 160T also felt better to handle. Not had chance to use the T540i yet as there going out as soon as they come in

23 hours ago, brynarw said:

Thanks for that. Very interesting. How would you compare cutting performance with the 2511?

2511 is the kiddy and has a big set of ginger baws. The Li saw is sedate in comparison,  very different cutting experiences but as a pruning saw it's utterly amazing.