Best climbing electric chainsaws?

52 minutes ago, Macauley Pryde Scotland said:

I’m looking to invest invest in electric top handles climbing saws, what’s the best on the market? What do you guys think of them? 

There is a lot on here already . Try putting in a search ?

11 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

I would avoid the electric ones, the cable is a nightmare.

I’d go for a battery one instead.

?

You could perhaps use the cable as your second line , using a flip line as well of course .....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You could perhaps use the cable as your second line , using a flip line as well of course .....[emoji4]
That's a shocking attitude to take about 2 rope working. Sparks will fly if the hse know about this.[emoji6]
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, allseasons said:

Ive been advised the new husky so have ordered it today so will see

I would be interested to hear your feedback once youve used the machine for a bit. 

Going by sales and customer enquires the new T540I is looking like it will be a popular battery saw.

Be advised, you do need to use the BLI200X or the BLI300 ( a bit heavy for the top handle) to get the full performance, ATM Husqvarna are out of stock of the BLI200X and judging by the number of calls and emails so are a lot of dealers including us. Middle ish of July before further stock of the battery will hit the shelves. If it truly has the power of the T540XP then is has to be a cracker of a machine!

The guy I work with has a t540i, I have used it a bit and very impressed with it. I borrowed it to reduce a tall connie hedge, it cut through 6 inch connie stems easily, performs much like a petrol topper. We used it all morning and the battery gave out just before lunch. We filled the transit with 2 loads of chip, off 1 battery. He has ordered another battery as you'll need 2. Not tried doing a full dismantke yet.

I would be interested to hear your feedback once youve used the machine for a bit. 

Going by sales and customer enquires the new T540I is looking like it will be a popular battery saw.
Be advised, you do need to use the BLI200X or the BLI300 ( a bit heavy for the top handle) to get the full performance, ATM Husqvarna are out of stock of the BLI200X and judging by the number of calls and emails so are a lot of dealers including us. Middle ish of July before further stock of the battery will hit the shelves. If it truly has the power of the T540XP then is has to be a cracker of a machine!

Will let you know mark am looking forward to seeing what it can do though for sure my top handle is a little tired now.

The T540i is powerful for sure, it's quite a big saw and same kind of weight as a MS200.

I am liking my single battery Makita, not powerful for dismantles but smaller and weighs less than an MS150 so absolutely great for pruning. New 1/4 bar and chain arriving today hopefully will smooth it out even more.

Once you've got Makita batteries then the 36v is very good, maybe not quite as fast as Husky. Saws and genuine batteries are half the price so for me Makita price/performance is absolutely brilliant.

• Like 1