What are the best chainsaw boots?

huskydavid

12 hours ago, Darrin Turnbull said:

Only advice i can give is once you’ve found a good pair ,buy a spare .

quite often you can’t get the same boots again once your original’s have worn out.

Thats a good bit of advice. Often manufactures change things on the boots but dont tell anyone, actually the same can be said for a lot of PPE!

There isnt really a best of anything, be it boots, trousers, harness rope etc. Too much personal preference involved.

• Like 2

On 24/06/2020 at 00:16, Mark_Skyland said:

Thats a good bit of advice. Often manufactures change things on the boots but dont tell anyone, actually the same can be said for a lot of PPE!

There isnt really a best of anything, be it boots, trousers, harness rope etc. Too much personal preference involved.

Andrews did that as me and Matty F pointed out to the Andrews rep...i had a pair of the original Andrews with the lower back on them in 2012...the ones nowadays also seem to have more foam and less leather..?

• Like 1

On 23/06/2020 at 10:35, Darrin Turnbull said:

Only advice i can give is once you’ve found a good pair ,buy a spare .

quite often you can’t get the same boots again once your original’s have worn out.

True but bear in mind feet continue to grow becoming both longer and wider with age, toes spread out, foot flattens and less fat under foot (might need 1/2 to full size every 10 years when older). Got a pair of Hiax boots size 41 that used to fit perfectly but can't wear them now as too tight, had also a size 42 Hiax same style which were too big and so weren't worn for some time which I wear now, these were a perfect fit for years but it's feeling like I might need to go up another 1/2 size next time.

11 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

Don't say my feet are going to get bigger, I'll never get any flippin' boots at all!

I've been size 13 for the last 30 years or so, haven't noticed any increase so far.

Not my area of expertises but as I understand it feet stop actually growing in mid teens but can then flatten when older (50 +) which causes the arch to lengthen and so feet can get longer, they can also spread outward and so feet get wider, being over weight I believe doesn't help matters, just one of those ageing things, nose and ears get bigger as well, something to look forward to as you get older ... good luck with the size 13 feet!

Arbortec fellhunters are a good long lasting, comfortable and waterproof boot. I like to have several pairs on the go from brand new getting broken in all the way down to five year olds for damaging jobs. I look after them with a good soaking of chelsea  dubbin and they look after me

• Like 1

On 29/06/2020 at 08:46, pie eater pete said:

Andrews did that as me and Matty F pointed out to the Andrews rep...i had a pair of the original Andrews with the lower back on them in 2012...the ones nowadays also seem to have more foam and less leather..?

IIRC there was some change to the CE rating or how they tested chainsaw boots which resulted in some boots having to be made taller to comply.

I dont understand why as most chainsaw cuts are around or just above the toe area and trousers usually cover most of the leg up to the top of the foot.

That is unless your name is Jimmy Cricket.

e-0673.thumb.jpg.109affab332bd25bc1ec8425aaf59049.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...