What are the best chainsaw boots?

huskydavid

Hi 

I’m up for a new pair of boots. What are the current best boots around the price of £200ish mark. I’ve worn haix protector pros for the past 5 years because of the durability and high leg support but wondering is there any others out there that people would go to? 

Thanks! 

Airstreams out the box are good for 99.9% of people where as other brands don’t seem to be.

I tried some arbortecs and although comfy take a bit of wearing in, ive actually gone back to my old airstreams for the summer.

A lad I know got the Andrews and rates them but is struggling to wear them in, possible need to size up with them I think he said.

• Like 1

Had a pair of stihl boots for dare i say it 7 years, been mainly used in forestry work, they wernt owt special when i bought them, just leather, no gortex but very impressed with how they have lasted, they are now for summer use only as the soles have cracked across but still a very good tread on them, the new boots i got are Meindl wood walkers, good calf support, light to walk in, gortex lined but they are not the warmest boots i have had and seem to be a small fit as well so if you go down this line and say you are a size 10 get a 10 1/2 and will be about right,

Nothing to destroy your feet quicker for life than badly fitting boots!
I won’t wear Meindles as I find them too narrow, I feel for the lads I’ve known that have endured them as they where supposed to be the best boots out there only to get bunyons and corns.
I’ve worn pfanners for years and can’t fault there boots , Andrews you have to be careful with as I’m convinced as you get used to them and they change there design or sizing.
Currently on fell hunters which seemed to have out lasted the last pair of arbortec boots I brought that only lasted a month but have done 6 months in them and have found there height great for ankle support after an injury.