Dusty Floors

Ian C

One for the guys with units, we rent a largeish unit on a farm with a concrete floor, it was used as potato storage many years ago and is a great unit with our office at one end, the only draw back is its very dusty, when i clean the office give it say 2 weeks and there is a layer of dust over everything.

I'm wondering if sealing the concrete floor or painting it would make much of a difference, any opinions???

One for the guys with units, we rent a largeish unit on a farm with a concrete floor, it was used as potato storage many years ago and is a great unit with our office at one end, the only draw back is its very dusty, when i clean the office give it say 2 weeks and there is a layer of dust over everything.

I'm wondering if sealing the concrete floor or painting it would make much of a difference, any opinions???

Hi Ian, not sure how much traffic it will see but I had a similar issue. Someone recommended PVA glue and water. I mixed It in a bucket and poured it on. Went over it with a brush to work it in and it’s been fine since. Cheap and easy. Just make a strong mix. Try a small area and see what you think.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PhillH said:

Hi Ian, not sure how much traffic it will see but I had a similar issue. Someone recommended PVA glue and water. I mixed It in a bucket and poured it on. Went over it with a brush to work it in and it’s been fine since. Cheap and easy. Just make a strong mix. Try a small area and see what you think.

Thanks Phil, will have a go, its never been sealed before and must be 40 yrs old now, it wont get a lot of traffic, i know some muck will come in from vans and chippers etc but I can sweep the floor constantly and it will still be dusty!

• Like 2

Thanks Phil, will have a go, its never been sealed before and must be 40 yrs old now, it wont get a lot of traffic, i know some muck will come in from vans and chippers etc but I can sweep the floor constantly and it will still be dusty!
I did something similar with PVA, my theory was not make it too strong so it soaks in well and it's been fine since. Top it off with floor paint if you're feeling extravagant.
  • Like 2

Pva will be ok to some degree but if you want to make a really good job and make it easier to clean afterwards use a good quality block paving sealer I  would reccomend pattern imprinted concrete supplies at dinnington be more expensive but if you are stopping for a while be worth it I would reccomend pressure cleaning it then apply once dried in this weather probably the next day

Edited by bankhouse builder
  • Like 1