7 Litre Shelby Cobra .

Stubby

Just now, Conor Wright said:

It's on my wishlist too... never even sat inside one, but I want one since I first saw one. Beautiful machines.

Might go bigger than 7 ltr though!Screenshot_20200620-185833_Google.jpeg

That is bonkers ! I would like a 1965  clone but with power steering and fuel injection just to comply with emissions and RH drive . Watch them every year at the Goodwood revival . Awesome ?  

• Like 1

Im with you stubby, these cars were years ahead of their time, you had minxs,oxfords,zephyrs etc doing 90mph if you were lucky, top boys (etype) 140mph and then you had the cobra 180mph, if im not mistaken , wasn't a cobra clocked doing 185mph on the m1 in 1968ish prompting the then government to bring in the 70mph max limit?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Stubby said:

That is bonkers ! I would like a 1965  clone but with power steering and fuel injection just to comply with emissions and RH drive . Watch them every year at the Goodwood revival . Awesome ?  

Have to disagree re the injection, half the attraction is that smell of partially burnt fuel, coupled with that growly burble on idle.. you just dont get that with injection. Big, thirsty, unreliable, fiddly carbs all the way! Wouldn't mind power steering though!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Conor Wright said:

Have to disagree re the injection, half the attraction is that smell of partially burnt fuel, coupled with that growly burble on idle.. you just dont get that with injection. Big, thirsty, unreliable, fiddly carbs all the way! Wouldn't mind power steering though!

I ran a Autocraft  Cobra for about twenty years, it wasn't as leery as the one Stubby posted but leery enough to scare the crap out of any unsuspecting passengers and me ,it was only 6ltr but knocked out about 550hp with gobs of grunt. Great fun but totally impracticable, you cant leave them anywhere  and it gets tiresome having to answer stupid questions everywhere you go. I dont think mine clocked up 10,000 miles in all the time I had it.

Bob

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Conor Wright said:

Oh and a servo on the brakes would be goods !

14 hours ago, Stubby said:

You'll kill yrself ! Swhy i aint got motorcycle anymore. K

• Like 1

Get yourself down to these guys. Not a million miles from you Stubby either. They have open days now and again.

WWW.PILGRIM-MOTORSPORTS.CO.UK

We are the number 1 supplier of AC Cobra & Shelby Cobra cars in the UK. Here at Pilgrim Motorsports we pride ourselves on selling quality classic cars
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1