Treehog or stein trolley?

eddgaiger1

My Stein is ok but certainly not amazing. Very heavy (which should be a good thing) but we’ve had to repair/straighten/strengthen the telescopic drawbar which kinked which was disappointing (as it’s only ever been loaded and pulled around by human beings).  
The paint and general finish was absolute shite from delivery - it was bought for a job and needed using immediately otherwise it would have been sent straight back for a refund tbh. 

However - it is a great concept and on the right job is a very good bit of kit. In many ways I’d rather support the people who came up with the idea over others who copy/profit. Hopefully Stein have sorted the quality control... If they are still crap then buy elsewhere though!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eddgaiger1 said:

Has anyone tried the treehog log/brash trolley?

Quite tempted by it over the stein as it’s cheaper but just wondering if it’s any good and does it fit through a standard gateway easily?

Thanks

Not used the Treehog so can't comment on that I'm afraid.  I have a Stein bought new in around 2016 which is absolutely bombproof.  Can't say I use it often (may a few times a month) but when I do it makes its money back easily, esp on one-man clear up jobs where you can stack it high and move 20-odd drags worth to the chipper in one (sweaty) go.  I wouldn't be without it.

Edited by Puffingbilly413
Fat fingers as usual

1 hour ago, monkeybusiness said:

My Stein is ok but certainly not amazing. Very heavy (which should be a good thing) but we’ve had to repair/straighten/strengthen the telescopic drawbar which kinked which was disappointing (as it’s only ever been loaded and pulled around by human beings).  
The paint and general finish was absolute shite from delivery - it was bought for a job and needed using immediately otherwise it would have been sent straight back for a refund tbh. 

However - it is a great concept and on the right job is a very good bit of kit. In many ways I’d rather support the people who came up with the idea over others who copy/profit. Hopefully Stein have sorted the quality control... If they are still crap then buy elsewhere though!!!

you must have got a friday one ?

4 minutes ago, HuntingHicap said:

you must have got a friday one ?

I think you are right.
I bought it a few years ago on the back of this forum and everyone raving about them. We had a job that it seemed perfect for (it was) but I was left massively disappointed with the quality (for what is in reality a pretty basic cheaply-made fabrication). I really hope I just ended up with the only crap one they’ve made! 

Our Stein one we got several years ago. Great for jobs with a very long drag, but it is heavy, so generally only comes out on these long drags, where we pile on as much on as possible, then two of us drag it out. No issues with quality, and the solid tyres mean no punctures, it is just heavy to pull, so we find it only really comes out when there is a lot to move a long way (and you can't get a machine in [emoji6])

4 hours ago, allseasons said:

We just got one os these really tough and really well made

WWW.TCFENGINEERING.CO.UK

Our Brash Cart is ideal for tree surgeons, gardeners and foresters to move brash, logs, timber and chip.

I’ve used another arbtalk members one of those a few times, it’s brilliant. Takes loads, the drop in pins make it really flexible, easy to fold the handle and chuck it on the truck, and it’s galvanised, like all metal equipment should be?? sensibly priced as well.

I will be buying one at some point soon and  making a bracket for it on the drawbar of my chipper so it’s always to hand?

• Like 2