Which Silky & Where do you find most comfortable to carry it

Jamie Jones

Which Silky?.. & Where do you find most comfortable to carry it?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. I was wondering which Silky hand saw people were using when undertaking most tree climbing tasks?

• Silky Gomtaro
    • Silky Zubat Pruning Saw
    • Silky Zubat Arborist Professional Saw
    • Silky Natanoko
    • Silky Tsurugi
    • Silky Ibuki
    • Silky Sugowaza
    • Sugoi
  2. 2. Where do you find it most comfortable to carry it? Hanging of the harness? or strapped to the lower leg?

• Hanging of the harness?
    • Strapped to the lower leg?

Do any of you guys use a samurai ! I’ve got one and found it holds a decent edge 
BE791BFF-DBC4-4B29-AF72-4E84B4A1E9D7.thumb.png.9668232a41e0bb0393606aace4faea9b.png

Yes, I’ve used Samurai for many years. I think that, treated with the respect of one that buys the kit, the saws last just as long as Silky and the secateurs not far off Felco quality but less than half the price.
Unfortunately most of the guys I’ve employee over the years seem to be brand bitches though.

What was the other brand that came out? CE - Cutting Edge, i think.
I bought four of those shortly after they came on the market. Within a month both scabbard saw blades had snapped and the folding saws had fallen to pieces.

• 1 month later...

If i can I just use a silky Gomtaro. There is something very therapeutic about cutting wood with a manual tool. Climbing is much more fun without the chainsaw. You feel more like a feather than a heavy boulder. 

Edited by Gardenscape

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve always preferred a straight blade. Recently changed from 300mm Gomtaro to the 400mm straight Tsurugi. So the old Gomtaro will probably be getting a fine or small tooth blade for ornamental or smaller fruit tree pruning. The Tsurugi with large teeth is insanely fast cutting. 

Always wore it on my right side of harness.