VAT Registered

Conorjm10

3 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

I don't like to see any witch hunts, and that included plogs, when there are a number of ways of ignoring threads or posters one does not like to read.

I see your point,however the problem with dickheads on a forum is that once no one argues with them any longer they simply pollute every thread with their ramblings.

Sometimes they act as though this is their "domain" to do as they wish.We have had more than a few of those over the years.

41 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Retired Climber is ok by me, can’t understand the witch hunt. 

Got some interesting stuff to say, shake you stiffs up a bit (to misquote Withnail and I)

No witch hunt from me Mick, I'm pretty sure I simply pointed out an "anomaly" in something that was stated and it has pretty much invoked a hissy tantrum.  

Couldn't give a monkeys either way prior to that, was genuinely neither bothered nor particularly engaged by him.

I currently place him more towards the less complimentary end of the scale but it's not irrevocable.  More BS will push him further into (my) irrelevance bracket, if he posts well considered, honest, detail then he may veer the other way.

I'm not without humility either, if he were to send a redacted copy of a couple of VAT returns showing his "£10s of 1000s" of VAT awaiting forward payment I'd say "pass the salt and pepper, I'm about to eat my hat!" (with an accompaniment side order of humble pie, apologies and due respect.)

Fairly safe bet I'm on lamb chops tonight though....

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Retired Climber said:

Nothing I have posted is untrue, or an exaggeration. You are going to have to deal with it. 

I have a very different skillset to most on here, so was trying to share my experience and opinion. A lot of people have shown an interest in what I do / know but I can't contribute because I have to spend my time explaining myself to trolls with nothing better to do. You are ruining the forum. If you have any respect for the other members, stop being an idiot and let others who are interested gain something from it. 

You'll notice on this very thread that many of my VAT based posts have been liked by regular members, and one mentioned that he 'hadn't looked at it that way before' in response to one of my posts. I have a different viewpoint to most on here, so had hoped to contribute positively. It's Impossible though with constant trolling and childishness. 

I won't be responding to any more of your posts. 

If it makes any difference I would be interested to hear your opinions, advice and experience/expertise in marketing. I think that after awhile most of us get stuck in our ways and think that our way is best as it works for us.

It would be a little mean (and pretty unethical) to explain Kev's posting style or comment on Scotspine posts; that part was a little tongue in cheek. 

Could be interesting to discuss why some of the stuff arbs put on their websites actually put off potential clients, why really enthusiastic enquiries usually go dead, and how you can generally use a basic understanding of how people make decisions to your advantage. 

Just to be clear, this isn't some kind of underhanded promotional technique. I'm not promoting any service, and I'd actually go as far as to say that I don't want any Arbtalk members as clients. I'm here as a former Arb who now does something very different for a living. 

I don't think you need worry about being mean or even unethical. It wouldn't be without precedent on this forum of late.

It'd be interesting to see an analysis of how some users conduct themselves on here. May even be an insight for themselves perhaps.