VAT Registered

Conorjm10

The VAT man is pretty ruthless Saul.

If you sit in the same chair to do the invoices for those three companies they’ll have your arse in a sling, and confiscate the chair.

They literally have more power than the police.

Retired Climber has made some very good points here.

I’m on your side as well, why should we be tax collectors?

BUT there’s the way it ought to be, and there’s the way it is.

FWIW I think if every business was VAT registered, irrespective of turnover, it would level the playing field and simplify everyone’s lives in the long term.

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

FWIW I think if every business was VAT registered, irrespective of turnover, it would level the playing field and simplify everyone’s lives in the long term.

Or if it ceased to exist and no business was registered for it.

VAT was introduced in 1973. How ever did these fine islands get by before then?

Edited by AHPP
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pete Mctree said:

Agreed - two things are guaranteed in life - death & taxes

(or something like that)

Three things: death, taxes and some peasant with a pitchfork eventually getting sick of the latter.

Edited by AHPP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

We all earn money as we have to make a living, but for many many years now i have said we only have it to play with for a very short time as our government and the powers that be only let us have the full value for very little time,,

How long does a £1 actually last ? before the government has got it all back, we are taxed to the hilt in this country with hidden taxes on nearly all every day items/activaties !!

So we are all tax collectors in a way but it just all ends up in the same pot and it aint ours, 

How many transactions does it take before the government has the whole £1 back in there safe keeping, as i am sure some one some where back in history decided joe public was not fit to have money !!! and that T - - T who decided income tax was a good idea should of been hanged,,,,,

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Fair point lads.

I doubt we’ll change it any time soon though.

For the record I never said I was a VAT fan.

Im not sure anyone’s a vat fan, but it’s there all the same. I’m a fan of being registered rather than not being!

Every one of those £100 petrol receipts you get when you fill up are just an expense receipt to the non registered. To me they are a £10 voucher, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg 

• Like 3