Etesia Hydro 124D, any users ?

J.D

I was thinking about Kubota's the other night, there are 1 or 2 on E-bay.

What are they like for collecting long wet grass though ?

I have to get this right as there is only enough cash for one shot at this, and these machines that dont pick up that well are a waste of coin.

Dave

Dave

The Kubotas we have are good but not perfect. We have demo'd Iseki, Etesias and John Deere. The Iseki is probably as good although our dealer may not be. My mate bought the equivalent Iseki the same time we bought our Kubota G23 - we both demo'd the same machines he went Iseki we went Kubota. Sharp blades, high rev's and very clean grass box mesh (pressure wash the grass box mesh weekly if it cloggs up to allow the air to flow through - essential). They are strong though and shaft driven deck - not belt on the deck on the new ones. Most of our sites are cut every 2/3 weeks so never that long - however it does rain a lot in our little country!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i got a secondhand one at the end of last season so only done maybe 20hours on it as far. i like it. it dose leave skid marks if your not carefull. hills can be a problem to but it dose leave a nice striped finnish and is great when the grass has been let get too long. youd be better to get a demo of course as there always a expencive machine to buy without testing :001_smile:

Looks like it leaves a great finish mind, whats it like for collecting longer wet grass though ?

Dave

The Kubotas we have are good but not perfect. We have demo'd Iseki, Etesias and John Deere. The Iseki is probably as good although our dealer may not be. My mate bought the equivalent Iseki the same time we bought our Kubota G23 - we both demo'd the same machines he went Iseki we went Kubota. Sharp blades, high rev's and very clean grass box mesh (pressure wash the grass box mesh weekly if it cloggs up to allow the air to flow through - essential). They are strong though and shaft driven deck - not belt on the deck on the new ones. Most of our sites are cut every 2/3 weeks so never that long - however it does rain a lot in our little country!

Cheers for that Gareth, it looks like a straight choice between these and the Profihopper.

I am leaning towards the profihopper at the minute though as they are " out front " mowers and that must be advantageous when going into corners etc ?

This has to be an advantage ?

Looks like it leaves a great finish mind, whats it like for collecting longer wet grass though ?

ye its ok. one of the jobs i used it for was a council house that hadnt cut theres all summer. was only 6" high but that was it lying flat in a big slimy mess. left it scalped 1/2" on the first pass. with no problem.

out front mowers can be handy in the right places but its easyer to drive machines with a steering wheel :001_smile:

ye its ok. one of the jobs i used it for was a council house that hadnt cut theres all summer. was only 6" high but that was it lying flat in a big slimy mess. left it scalped 1/2" on the first pass. with no problem.

out front mowers can be handy in the right places but its easyer to drive machines with a steering wheel :001_smile:

What's your thoughts then on which machine to choose, I've only ever driven machines with steering wheels, so I don't have a clue about the zero turn types, which would you go for if given the choice ?

:confused1:

What's your thoughts then on which machine to choose, I've only ever driven machines with steering wheels, so I don't have a clue about the zero turn types, which would you go for if given the choice ?

for my jobs id go with the zero turn, reason being is i do mow gardens that are say 20' by 10' with it. (in 30 seconds:thumbup:)

but then thats just some of the work i do. even on the larger areas its fairly fast.

i also run a scag side discharge. for speed you wont beat it on large site

the thing i like about the amazone is its a flail rather than a rotary so can handle foren objects slightly better.

im selling a walker zero turn mower also on peabey just now if anyones looking for a wee diesel mower :thumbup1:

We've had zero turn machines - including pedrestrian format and 40" ride-on . They are amazing in confined areas, with practice good in larger areas. Need to watch out for the sharp turns especially on moss covers lawns as they tend to rip a bit.

I agree, out front decks are excellent for longer grass as there no flattening of the sward.

Not familiar with the the profihopper brand of machine - just make sure there's a good dealer behind it.