Farmi WP36 Towable

Haseley97

New to processing, buying in 25ton loads of mixed hardwood, processor friendly stuff, I will be doing 3-5 loads a year. Looking at the WP36 as I like the idea of a towable processor with a petrol engine, as doing a day elsewhere on hire would be easy. Anything I should look at? What is the power comparison to a PTO driven processor? is this suitable for this quantity of wood?

I use one to process 8 loads for myself and hire it for about another 20 loads a year.  Plenty power, and a very capable machine. Mine's 5 yr old now and still runs well, albeit the engine dropped a valve and blew, I replaced it with an electric start one and have often wondered why Riko didn't offer this as an option.  Makes starting it after a stall so much easier.
Make sure you get the log lifter with it and also the chamber-side splitting lever.  
Think there's a used one for sale near Chorley. Done literally nothing and fully loaded with all the extras, lad's wanting £10k for it no VAT  good saving on what a new one costs
Have a look at the Facebook page  Firewood/Log Processors & Related UK ( Sales, Help&Advise, And Banter/pics  

10 hours ago, bilke_user said:

I use one to process 8 loads for myself and hire it for about another 20 loads a year.  Plenty power, and a very capable machine. Mine's 5 yr old now and still runs well, albeit the engine dropped a valve and blew, I replaced it with an electric start one and have often wondered why Riko didn't offer this as an option.  Makes starting it after a stall so much easier.
Make sure you get the log lifter with it and also the chamber-side splitting lever.  
Think there's a used one for sale near Chorley. Done literally nothing and fully loaded with all the extras, lad's wanting £10k for it no VAT  good saving on what a new one costs
Have a look at the Facebook page  Firewood/Log Processors & Related UK ( Sales, Help&Advise, And Banter/pics  

I was concerned about power but this sounds promising, thanks for the input.

4 hours ago, woody woodpecker said:

Wow so with fuel @ £1.10 per litre that's £22/day x7 day week  ( processing for 8 hours) = £154 a week on fuel . How many hours does it take to cut 24 tonnes of hardwood to 9" logs on the wp . Trying to workout production cost .

Thanks

3 8hr days would do the load with ease.    Fwiw, why work 7 days? If you can't make enough in 5 you're wages aren't suiting your lifestyle

5 hours ago, woody woodpecker said:

Wow so with fuel @ £1.10 per litre that's £22/day x7 day week  ( processing for 8 hours) = £154 a week on fuel . How many hours does it take to cut 24 tonnes of hardwood to 9" logs on the wp . Trying to workout production cost .

Thanks

If  the site, wood, weather & helper are all good. You can do 25m3 in 8 hours on site.

Taking of breaks & fuel ups call it 7 hours running time.

Your standard lorry load of softwood should take two days. Hardwood a little longer as its just not as straight / easy to process.

Smaller or larger bits slow you down.