Virgin Mediocre?

PeteB

I haven't logged on for a while and, like a div, forgotten the password. Following the online prompts, I supply my account number, bill date and amount bit it isn't recognised. The web chat doesn't go anywhere and the phone line needs the password input! I had a bad do with them the other year and got rolled over by BT too so had to go back to VM. Anyone know of a decent supplier of broadband and TV packages?

Signed up with BT. No automatic upgrades/uplift, UK call centres, listened to what I was after, same price now and in two years (no new customer deals that loyal customers don't have access too), and Frank openness that confirmed that they were pish poor in the past and did a lot to please the OfComm people. Virgin mediocre given their notice, I had to enter my 3rd, 5th and 6th letters of my password and that failed but they agreed I had punched in the right numbers.  I had to give bill date and amount too, the algorithm rejected it but the operator agreed I was right!

I hope this works as new technology/supplier is supposed to work, I'm the sort that doesn't have tech work properly!  Even my own mobile is silent, although the volume is high and ringtone selected, it is silent. My newish works iPhone has gone through stages of not recording numbers called or missed. I had a BlackBerry which I cursed daily, I got blamed for being a technophobe, but after 12 months, it was agreed that I hadn't done anything wrong but it didn't work!

We shall see.....

• Like 1

I've got both home and business with plus. net. I find them pretty straightforward to deal with and a UK call centre. Not sure what TV packages they offer as FreeSat is more than enough for me.
If your with Virgin Media I'm assuming that you are in a cable area? I don't know what things are like now, but the cable operators used to have by far the fastest broadband.
If you do change providers, look at the minimum contract length. Some of them can be for up to 2 years. That is a long time to put up with poor connections and customer support.

I am on cable and all VM could bang about was how fast they were,which is fine if you got a house full of gamers, stream films at the same time and all phones connected. But I am not.....

when asked why i was leaving, I did admit that when I attempted to leave last time to drop down in outlay - something that they couldn't/wouldn't help with, I signed over to BT only to be contacted by VM three days later to be offered a spanking deal and that I was furious that they tabled this offer after I had agreed to go. The girl agreed that they get flack for this, I then asked for her to put a note on file that I didn't want any further contact with them on the matter. Guess who phoned with a 'top deal' this morning? It was a short 'call....

• Haha 1