Metal 'fatigue'?

Ty Korrigan

It's just taken me 30 minutes to download and view those two videos. In both there is only one feed roller running and with one the second roller is apparently jammed with a piece of wood. Now I am used to only one roller running, as the Dosko only has one but why do you expect yours to feed if one roller is stalled and holding material in its teeth. Also the roller seems to be running too fast, does the speed increase when the other jams?

I would expect the oil to boil run flat out and stalled.

I had (still have somewhere)a TP with vertical rollers and if you fed that too fast with springy material it would curl round on the disc and bunch up at the edge where there were only anvil like devices to break it.

Trying to be helpful in a constructive yet critical way - not an attack!

Seems like you’re getting a lot of flak for these issues you’re having, and perhaps if you’d brought the machine locally (and paid I’m guessing several thousand pounds/euros more) then the local dealers would be more willing to fixing your machine (at a loss), under warranty.

To expect GM to travel to another country to bend over backwards for you is pretty naive.

I too have purchased new machines from the UK to save thousands, and have also had a warranty issue/breakdown.

I got it fixed locally (as instructed) but the local mechanic didn’t take photos as asked, so didn’t/couldnt pursue the claim, I paid the (outrageous imo) 1k costs myself, but still, overall, saved 6?k - that’s where my, and possibly your focus should be. Plus was quickly up and running again.

Now, either keep to your agreement (as mentioned in other threads) and take the chipper back to the UK (shame corona got in the way, not GM’s fault though is it?)

Or do the fixes with the bits they want to send you, as suggested by Greenmech.

Its getting tiring reading your moaning whilst not actively trying to help yourself.

Because of Corona, option 2 is the only practicable option available.

IF it still doesn’t work, after doing the GM advised fixes yourself. Just get your local engineering place to beef up the parts that have bent, yes you may have to pay for it yourself, but you’ll still be (im guessing) several thousand Euros up over buying it locally, and you’ll be up and running efficiently again.

I repeat, you’ll still be several thousand Euros up!

• Like 7

need to write to whoever supplied you the kit, the one thats on the invoice.

Document the faults and ask them for a reply in a timely manner.

They are required by law (EU) to sort it or you can take action.

EUROPA.EU

Information on your rights across the EU when you have a problem with something you've purchased, how long you...

• Thanks 1

....... This IS why i have a ****************loads of tools in my shed/s and skinned knuckles n burnt boots from torches. Cos fixing stuff is a core part of Arb/For  and often unpleasant but if time is of the essence its unavoidable   ? K

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Khriss said:

....... This IS why i have a ****************loads of tools in my shed/s and skinned knuckles n burnt boots from torches. Cos fixing stuff is a core part of Arb/For  and often unpleasant but if time is of the essence its unavoidable   ? K

Yes but not on a new machine.

On 12/06/2020 at 22:20, openspaceman said:

Also the roller seems to be running too fast, does the speed increase when the other jams?

I would expect the oil to boil run flat out and stalled.

I think yr closer to the truth there- watching video again it looks like one hydraulic motor has Koncked, plus they are running faster than I would be happy with .  So TWO new motors an filter and a flush through on yr hydro oil . Not massive money and they will be standard motors anyway ?  K

Not sure I would be replacing motors at this stage, don't these have a reverse on the rollers to clear snags etc? 

I would imagine there is a relief valve,and some of the flow gets diverted to the other roller should one become snagged, hence the increase in speed.