Metal 'fatigue'?

Ty Korrigan

2 hours ago, allseasons said:

Can’t you get it to greenmech for them to take a look or one of there dealers? I’ve got to say greenmech have been outstanding with my machine and problems can’t fault them one bit. My machine was back up and running in 24hrs.

Same fault as yours took me 4 weeks 900kms and €2400 in rental.

So you can imagine just how long my multiple faults would take to sort out.

Stuart

Just now, Joe Newton said:

Why wouldn't they repair it under warranty?

GM will repair in the UK if I get it back to the factory and have offered to deliver it back which is a nice gesture.

Sadly I cannot travel myself due to quarantine restrictions.

I could also pay a transport company to take it, however that will leave me without a machine for quite some time.

This post is really about whether the rebending of the offending rails is a red herring and non-permanent botch.

My local engineering shop seems to think so...

Stuart

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

GM will repair in the UK if I get it back to the factory and have offered to deliver it back which is a nice gesture.

Sadly I cannot travel myself due to quarantine restrictions.

I could also pay a transport company to take it, however that will leave me without a machine for quite some time.

This post is really about whether the rebending of the offending rails is a red herring and non-permanent botch.

My local engineering shop seems to think so...

Stuart

Why would they make you take it to the uk, that's mental! They're must be plenty of French branches? (Pardon the pun)

6 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

Why would they make you take it to the uk, that's mental! They're must be plenty of French branches? (Pardon the pun)

GM are not making me take it back to the U.K, that is my choice to do so.

In 2017 I owned a GM190 which developed mysterious roller issues not so dissimilar to the 150.

It spent a great deal of time at the dealers who could not find the fault (bearing in mind this isn't a Rolls Royce Griffin engine) and even told me the fault did not exist despite videos.

GM France actually exchanged this for a 200 which was faultless for the 128 hours I owned it but I was never told what the 190 fault was.

At the time of the 190 debacle we had a back up chipper so managed, this time I do not.

I see posts like this (image attached) but have never experienced similar service in France.

Now I have multiple issues which effect the machine which I want sorted before the end of the warranty.

Handing it to a French dealer means losing the chipper for possibly months.

Plus from experience they will argue against the faults existing because it is not in their interest to do warranty work on a machine they did not sell.

One mechanic at a French GM dealer has even suggested that I should not chip up to the maximum as the machines are not up to it.

The Briggs engine fault I recently experienced fully justifies my phobia of dealers here.

4 weeks downtime over a £150 part I could SHOULD have fitted myself.

Compare that experience with the screenshot.

The fear of violating the engine warranty prevented me from doing so.

Stuart

Screenshot_20200612_144209_com.android.chrome (2).jpg

so let me get this straight, and correct me if i’m wrong...

Firstly You bought a chipper from england to use in your business in france?

obviously you looked into the dealer and support network before the purchase agreeing with a local dealer that they would provide the required support if it was required

Im not au fait with the differences in RRP between different country’s but can only assume there is a fair price difference to make you want to buy from outside of the country you work and live in

now there is a fault with the chipper and you don’t want it dealt with by a french dealer? i’m assuming that’s because they didn’t sell you the machine and you didnt make arrangements regarding warranty work with a local dealer before purchase.

You think that the local dealer won’t act on any warranty work  in the manner in which you perceive they should as it will probably cost them money to do so as they haven’t benefited from the original sale in any way 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

Hey up Ty

You should swap it with me for for this - TS 16/35 DT.
3 cylinder Kubota turbo diesel engine, turntable, under 750kg, and French, so getting any issues sorted should be a piece of cake for you over there! It’s got a massive throat/feed roller hole, a really big feed hopper and it chucks nice clean chip out a fair distance too...

It is going up for sale shortly (but I reckon it has your name written all over it!!!). C9D35519-07CB-462E-9A13-709B0B3AE4F6.thumb.jpeg.c3f59d4bba9d79bf4df0c8aa896aba4f.jpegFE8FD915-348A-4FEE-9586-2FD31EA369FD.thumb.jpeg.316df9a51d9df486cb0cb33dbd96dd50.jpegC9D35519-07CB-462E-9A13-709B0B3AE4F6.thumb.jpeg.c3f59d4bba9d79bf4df0c8aa896aba4f.jpeg

ED60E97C-4D5D-48BC-8406-527211F3F74A.jpeg

Its a cool looking chipper !!  K

1 hour ago, John Shutler said:

so let me get this straight, and correct me if i’m wrong...

Firstly You bought a chipper from england to use in your business in france?

obviously you looked into the dealer and support network before the purchase agreeing with a local dealer that they would provide the required support if it was required

Im not au fait with the differences in RRP between different country’s but can only assume there is a fair price difference to make you want to buy from outside of the country you work and live in

now there is a fault with the chipper and you don’t want it dealt with by a french dealer? i’m assuming that’s because they didn’t sell you the machine and you didnt make arrangements regarding warranty work with a local dealer before purchase.

You think that the local dealer won’t act on any warranty work  in the manner in which you perceive they should as it will probably cost them money to do so as they haven’t benefited from the original sale in any way 

It shouldn't matter where you buy a  product if the warranty makes no mention of being tied to geographic zones or specific dealers.

I had my French bought Renault fixed in Chichester under warranty and a camera bought in the U.K repaired under warranty in Auckland N.Z

My machine has several faults which from experience will be beyond local dealers and are definitely factory return jobs and beyond a dealers experience to correct.

GM are recalling machines from all over the E.U all the time for factory upgrades.

Stuart