Man trucks

dig-dug-dan

Sitting here contemplating the future of what truck to get when the current ones lease expires. Always had double cab cabstar, but as they are no longer made, i need an alternative. For me, it comes down to either the iveco, or man. Hear lots about iveco, but not so much about man. The latter has an extensive list of extras which look tempting, but how reliable are they?

Edited by dig-dug-dan

17 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Sitting here contemplating the future of what truck to get when the current ones lease expires. Always had double cab cabstar, but as they are no longer made, i need an alternative. For me, it comes down to either the iveco, or man. Hear lots about iveco, but not so much about man. The latter has an extensive list of extras which look tempting, but how reliable are they?

Can't help much other than all of the military trucks I see on the M/A27 are MAN so must be reliable .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, harvey b davison said:

If I remember correctly, didn't man merge with erf. Have you looked at a company called hino, I don't know owt about them, but I have heard the are good strong reliable trucks.

I haven't, but looking at the 3.5tonne crewcab tipper. Hino I believe make larger trucks

6 hours ago, dig-dug-dan said:

I haven't, but looking at the 3.5tonne crewcab tipper. Hino I believe make larger trucks

Hino are Japanese Loved in Ireland good work horses go right up to the maximum sizes.

MAN are good engines are tough used to make U boat engines!

Iveco wasn't bad Engines are pretty good many used in boats smaller ones like revs

One thing which is often an Italian thing? is Electrics not delved inside one for while but might have learnt something from there tie up with fords?

• Like 2