Have the definitive regulations regarding firewood?

cessna

14 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Mine arrived today too. 

What a complete crock o shite! Blatantly another scam - another accreditation which of course,  has to be paid for. Extortion by any other name. 

For the first time ever I was late with the BSL return for Q4 21 and literally only did it yesterday - feel really pissed off now. If this letter had arrived yesterday I wouldn’t have bothered with the Q4 return & payment. 

Time to bin it off completely - that’s a measure of a truly misguided legislation, more people go off the reservation than comply. Brilliant, well done, crock o shite!

74AC8C42-73FB-45F2-B9F8-66AFEC37B51D.jpeg

DF67C4F0-3374-456E-9C01-41CF7C697B7E.jpeg

Think it should be against the law for the BSL Administrator (Woodsure) to be promoting its own in house testing service and then in the next breath saying that non of them have been approved as yet. The testing of wood seems innocent enough until you ask why is it needed. The only obvious purpose is to compare  the fuel being used to the actual boiler certification fuel used and if not comparable will be rejected. This is fine until you realise many boiler manufacturers had to superdry their fuel and remove all bark just to comply with the emissions regulations. In the real world normal wood will fail these tests. I think pellets will be alright because the wood has to be dried to enable manufacture.

• Like 2

It is all a money making scam for the government and their friends. It is obvious that they want everyone to be forced to use electricity for EVERYTHING so as to make more money for their foreign friends [since it is all foreign owned] and what when the north sea gas runs out..??

Just get on with your lives, sell what ever you can to earn a living [there will be plenty of buyers] and ignore them.

You do realise that the more people that pander to these idiots and pay them the £500 the worse it will get???

If NOBODY paid the £500 they would close down in a week and that would be the end of the matter..

You do realise that the people meant to enforce it all, trading standards, will not be interested?? They have not the money to go messing about with bits of wood

john..

• Like 6

Totally agree with the 2 John’s above!

This was all plain to see when the (so-called) BSL “advisory board was comprised of all the bigger industry players. 

They can all foxtrot oscar - no more subscription fees to pay their over inflated salaries and all the shiny asses will soon desert the organisation too...,

• Like 2

The seed has been planted in the general public's mind now. Many will be searching for that logo and basing their decision to purchase on that alone, even though many you speak to don't actually know what it represents. 

Due to all the media attention climate has been receiving and will continue to receive, end users are becoming more aware of the negatives of force drying firewood by burning fuel to speed up the drying process.

When faced with a choice of buying the same product either Naturally Air Dried or Force Dried, a lot of people will by choosing the Naturally Air Dried versus Force Dried for both environmental and financial reasons, as forced dried has to cost more.

Those who Naturally Air Dry are educating the public constantly, which may reflect on those who retail Forced Dried.

I have noticed far far less people producing and retailing firewood than there were 2 years ago, as they have found easier ways to earn money.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

I have noticed far far less people producing and retailing firewood than there were 2 years ago, as they have found easier ways to earn money.

It would be interesting to see how new stove sales have been affected.

In my little parish there is some reluctance to collect a lorry load of ash which was agreed in October.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DanHorrich87 said:

Haulier prob?

Sort of; haulier is the buyer and hasn't picked up the second load, I just wonder if demand has dropped off as I would expect people to have got over the pre Xmas rush and now laying in stock to process before May so as to get a full summer seasoning in.

• Like 1

I was looking at the firewood for sale in Tescos today, the bags of firewood at $5.50  state no weight, only 16 litres! and comprising about 5 doncy split conifer sticks. And the heatlogs are sold in packs of 5 No. for $6.00. No weight specified.

So this Woodsure shite is not interested in quantifying how firewood is sold.

Like by weight for a specified max %age moisture.

Simples really.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, difflock said:

I was looking at the firewood for sale in Tescos today, the bags of firewood at $5.50  state no weight, only 16 litres! and comprising about 5 doncy split conifer sticks. And the heatlogs are sold in packs of 5 No. for $6.00. No weight specified.

So this Woodsure shite is not interested in quantifying how firewood is sold.

Like by weight for a specified max %age moisture.

Simples really.

Tesco price in dollars ?