Have the definitive regulations regarding firewood?

cessna

4 hours ago, TuscanPhil said:

Received my letter today.  I'm registered as a 'self supplier' so that I can reclaim the RHI for my biomass central heating system.  Not quite sure (yet) what I need to do to continue to claim the RHI but as I've got about 3-4 years left on my RHI claim, I don't want to lose that!  I'm watching with interest!

Mine arrived today too. 

What a complete crock o shite! Blatantly another scam - another accreditation which of course,  has to be paid for. Extortion by any other name. 

For the first time ever I was late with the BSL return for Q4 21 and literally only did it yesterday - feel really pissed off now. If this letter had arrived yesterday I wouldn’t have bothered with the Q4 return & payment. 

Time to bin it off completely - that’s a measure of a truly misguided legislation, more people go off the reservation than comply. Brilliant, well done, crock o shite!

74AC8C42-73FB-45F2-B9F8-66AFEC37B51D.jpeg

DF67C4F0-3374-456E-9C01-41CF7C697B7E.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dan blocker said:

Is woodchip supplied to biomass burners covered by the new woodsure scheme😳

Whoever produces the woodchip, whether it's bought in or self supplied, has to be woodsure registered. It's very similar to the firewood one but you have to register both separately if you deal with both.

51 minutes ago, gdh said:

Whoever produces the woodchip, whether it's bought in or self supplied, has to be woodsure registered. It's very similar to the firewood one but you have to register both separately if you deal with both.

Thought the BSL was only critical for supply to customers claiming RHI. Any other user can buy biomass from any tom dick or harry.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, renewablejohn said:

Thought the BSL was only critical for supply to customers claiming RHI. Any other user can buy biomass from any tom dick or harry.

Yes, it's only for RHI customers. I should have said that, I was quoting someone who quoted my original post.

I imagine there will be a ready to burn equivalent for woodchip at this rate though. It seems like woodsure want to control the whole wood market.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

I suppose they couldn't just ban domestic biomass heating so they just made it that expensive so that all the small suppliers would drop out.

Yeah, pellets are tricky and I recall watching quite a few med-large plants go up in flames (literally!)

The few remaining volume producers pretty much cornered the market which was all going well (for them) until one of the few plants (somewhere in Wales if I recall) got flooded a few years back. It accounted for about a ⅓ of UK production if I recall.  

Phone was ringing off the hook when Mole Valley rAn out 😂

48 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Yeah, pellets are tricky and I recall watching quite a few med-large plants go up in flames (literally!)

The few remaining volume producers pretty much cornered the market which was all going well (for them) until one of the few plants (somewhere in Wales if I recall) got flooded a few years back. It accounted for about a ⅓ of UK production if I recall.  

Phone was ringing off the hook when Mole Valley rAn out 😂

I see the pellet plant at Brynmenyn, which we worked on and ended up with Woodmat packed up two years ago. It was jinxed before it started as the sawdust supply from Techboard disappeared before it got running.

I was thinking of retail logs as well as this RHI stuff, how long was the duration of a RHI subsidy?

19 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

I see the pellet plant at Brynmenyn, which we worked on and ended up with Woodmat packed up two years ago. It was jinxed before it started as the sawdust supply from Techboard disappeared before it got running.

I was thinking of retail logs as well as this RHI stuff, how long was the duration of a RHI subsidy?

Domestic was originally intended to be equipment life cycle but, after the solar PV shambles and the many delays following the commercial RHI roll out cock up (from memory Jan 2011?) domestic RHI was eventually set at 7 years only and wasn’t rolled out until 2014ish (again - only from memory) which makes the early starters very close to end of RHI. Can’t remember exact dates but I know it’s not far off for me. Will look it up tomorrow and check. It’s been worth it overall though. 

11 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Mine arrived today too. 

What a complete crock o shite! Blatantly another scam - another accreditation which of course,  has to be paid for. Extortion by any other name. 

For the first time ever I was late with the BSL return for Q4 21 and literally only did it yesterday - feel really pissed off now. If this letter had arrived yesterday I wouldn’t have bothered with the Q4 return & payment. 

Time to bin it off completely - that’s a measure of a truly misguided legislation, more people go off the reservation than comply. Brilliant, well done, crock o shite!

74AC8C42-73FB-45F2-B9F8-66AFEC37B51D.jpeg

DF67C4F0-3374-456E-9C01-41CF7C697B7E.jpeg

Distrust any document that quotes 1st April in the first line!

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2