Have the definitive regulations regarding firewood?

cessna

Sure its loose volume as read it somewhere in the blurb.

If it was stacked it would make deliveries impossible in many trucks and tippers as they would be over legal payloads. I am right near the limit with 2 wet loose cube on our single cab Hilux
My ARB trucks a single cab Hilux too with a dropside flatbed.
I can get a 3m³ load on.

3 hours ago, Danny Boy said:

My ARB trucks a single cab Hilux too with a dropside flatbed.
I can get a 3m³ load on.

Do you have it uprated?

My MK6 has a 900kg payload and I am probably very close to that with 2 cube of wet logs and 3 would way over

On 03/05/2022 at 13:27, Woodworks said:

Sure its loose volume as read it somewhere in the blurb.

If it was stacked it would make deliveries impossible in many trucks and tippers as they would be over legal payloads. I am right near the limit with 2 wet loose cube on our single cab Hilux

It's definitely a loose 2m3 load, we deliver that in a single cab 1 tonne pickup with side extension at times but use a tipper trailer in preference if access allows - could can carry up to 4m3 seasoned softwood in the trailer but with hardwood tend to deliver 2, 2,5 or 3m3 loose loads. You wouldn't need to have as much as 2m3 of logs if they were stacked I would have thought as that would be equivalent to more than a 2m3 loose load.  We deliver 25cm, 33cm and 50cm logs, the 50cm logs sold always as stacked measure anyway. It Shouldn't be a problem weight wise with 2m3 loose 33cm logs seasoned or not seasoned I would think and semi-seasoned 25cm should be okay too but 2m3 of fresh cut logs must at or over the limit of a one tonne pickup depending on species and moisture content.

Do you have it uprated?

My MK6 has a 900kg payload and I am probably very close to that with 2 cube of wet logs and 3 would way over
I used to have heavy duty TJM leafs on the back. I decided to renew them after 12 years of good solid service cause I burst a shackle & bought some "heavy duty" ones from Midland Road Springs.

What an utter load of shite they turned out to be ...

To give them their dues they did offer a full refund but who's gonna go to all that trouble?

I ended up getting some air bag suspension from Milner to aid the leafs & they pretty much take up the rest of the slack.

A cubic metre of loose logs is a lot less than you might imagine, this bucket is 1.3 cubic M.
We call two bucket full (2.6 cube) a load.

DSC_1224.thumb.JPG.4edfbe3ffdd2cf653b58478dd8f03f5c.JPG

DSC_1222.thumb.JPG.2d91f23506546ddee298984e32fd700d.JPG

Nice buckets mate [emoji106]
Next on my to get list. How do they hold out to life with logs?
  • Like 1

On 04/05/2022 at 20:38, devonbrion1998 said:

Can I just jump in, I fill those big vented 1 m3 bags

when I drop 2 x m3 bags on my 110 defender with twin springs and high sided body she is pretty much maxed out

how do you manage to get 2 cube on a hilux

or are those old streched bags coming to more than a cube?

What is the payload volume area of your 110 pickup, the new Toyota single cab pickup is about 1.75m3 and Mitsubishi L200 1.4m3, so it won't need a lot more with a new single cab Toyota pickup to get up to 2m3 (just 6 x 42L plastic tubes above the sides would do it plus allow) furthermore those 1m3 vented bags can have found can have a bit more than 1m3 in them.

Just had a measure up, L 1.96     W 1.75    H 0.51 Not sure what that is in terms of m3

If I drop two of those bags on there, to be honest I cant really get them all on

be good to know what im really delivering,the jobs hard enough without giving them away

Maybe 4 pallets nailed together and fill that up then see what that represents on the truck 

Thanks for your input