Have the definitive regulations regarding firewood?

cessna

On 24/01/2022 at 15:47, TuscanPhil said:

I should have said - I will be leaving it until the very last minute and certainly won't be signing up unless I absolutely have to.

I've cut my post down to the relevant bit - ok, so it wasn't the very last minute, but I've bitten the bullet and have now registered as it seems I have no other option if I want to keep receiving the RHI payments I'm currently getting.  Just waiting for Woodsure to email me my 'quality manual' as a self-supplier - so I know the wood I'm supplying to myself is of high enough quality.......

• Haha 1

On 09/02/2022 at 13:33, MajesticEight said:

I agree with you there, I only looked on this forum for advice for tree surgeons and how to register. I'm not being naive at all just stating the facts which I've read up on various websites and been told from the horses mouth.

I'll be reporting other people in my area because why should I pay and be lawful and them get away with it.

You’ve signed up to bullshit scheme where you have agreed to be bummed without lube, so now you want to grass up everyone who has the sense to avoid being bummed without lube?

Log selling has regulated itself perfectly well for centuries.

Anyone who sells wet crap ends up with no customers.

It’s pretty simple.

If Woodsure ever ask me about it I’ll tell them to f-off.

I’ll continue telling them to f-off until they threaten to get the police involved.

If the police eventually do turn up, that will be great because we can finally have a chat about my tool thefts over the years at the same time.

They’ve never had anybody available to attend before.

• Like 17

Fantastic post Mark, Took the words right out of my mouth,

Yes if they do turn up ask them about my f**king log splitter and Trailer that have disappeared 

And thats me that has submitted my application and shed out good money for what seems like nothing

Thinking about it who in their right mind would accept a load of wet wood and even more try and burn it,if its wet it wont burn anyway surly.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

You’ve signed up to bullshit scheme where you have agreed to be bummed without lube, so now you want to grass up everyone who has the sense to avoid being bummed without lube?

Log selling has regulated itself perfectly well for centuries.

Anyone who sells wet crap ends up with no customers.

It’s pretty simple.

If Woodsure ever ask me about it I’ll tell them to f-off.

I’ll continue telling them to f-off until they threaten to get the police involved.

If the police eventually do turn up, that will be great because we can finally have a chat about my tool thefts over the years at the same time.

They’ve never had anybody available to attend before.

This all day long and twice on Sunday .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, devonbrion1998 said:

Fantastic post Mark, Took the words right out of my mouth,

Yes if they do turn up ask them about my f**king log splitter and Trailer that have disappeared 

And thats me that has submitted my application and shed out good money for what seems like nothing

Thinking about it who in their right mind would accept a load of wet wood and even more try and burn it,if its wet it wont burn anyway surly.

If Mark posts on here when they arrive we can form a posse, police won't have enough notebooks so have to forget about the wood. Boom it's a plan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It won't be anything as dramatic as police.  Someone will tell the county council, who will detail an 'officer' to pose as a buyer to see if you're going to sell him some wood.  When you do, you'll get a letter in the post informing you of the fine that you have to pay.  Funny how all the most repressive states the world has ever seen rely on their citizens grassing on each other...

Sadly, it's the way this country is going - increasing red tape will gradually throttle the life out UK enterprise until we're all shuffling papers for the state, and importing everything we need from countries like China.  How hypocritical that the state imposes tight controls on UK producers, but is happy to allow imports from countries which don't have half our regulations.  

Get a nice job working for DEFRA , the NHS, or any other gov department or agency (HETAS, Woodsure?) and you're made for life.  Sick pay, maternity pay, paid holidays, promotion, car, office, travel, coffee machine, loadsa perks and then a golden handshake and nice fat extra pension when you retire early because of 'stress'.  And don't miss out on the compensation when your line manager says something nasty, or you trip over your own bag and hurt your wrist.  It's a cushy number, but such privilege doesn't deter these people from being on the backs of the rest of us doing real jobs.  Parasites.

This latest regulation is nowhere near the end of it.  It'll be bonfires next, then woodburners, and so on until we're not allowed to fart.

Sorry to rant, but I've just got in, soaking wet, having unloaded logs in the dark after slithering around in mud all day and I think of all those civil servant types knocking off at 4.30 thinking they've done a day's work.  Wouldn't swap places though!

Anyway, I've got my regular buyers lined up and very supportive they are too, when they know the situation.

• Like 9

It won't be anything as dramatic as police.  Someone will tell the county council, who will detail an 'officer' to pose as a buyer to see if you're going to sell him some wood.  When you do, you'll get a letter in the post informing you of the fine that you have to pay.  Funny how all the most repressive states the world has ever seen rely on their citizens grassing on each other...

Sadly, it's the way this country is going - increasing red tape will gradually throttle the life out UK enterprise until we're all shuffling papers for the state, and importing everything we need from countries like China.  How hypocritical that the state imposes tight controls on UK producers, but is happy to allow imports from countries which don't have half our regulations.  

Get a nice job working for DEFRA , the NHS, or any other gov department or agency (HETAS, Woodsure?) and you're made for life.  Sick pay, maternity pay, paid holidays, promotion, car, office, travel, coffee machine, loadsa perks and then a golden handshake and nice fat extra pension when you retire early because of 'stress'.  And don't miss out on the compensation when your line manager says something nasty, or you trip over your own bag and hurt your wrist.  It's a cushy number, but such privilege doesn't deter these people from being on the backs of the rest of us doing real jobs.  Parasites.

This latest regulation is nowhere near the end of it.  It'll be bonfires next, then woodburners, and so on until we're not allowed to fart.

Sorry to rant, but I've just got in, soaking wet, having unloaded logs in the dark after slithering around in mud all day and I think of all those civil servant types knocking off at 4.30 thinking they've done a day's work.  Wouldn't swap places though!

Anyway, I've got my regular buyers lined up and very supportive they are too, when they know the situation.

Pitchforks.
  • Like 1