Have the definitive regulations regarding firewood?

cessna

• 5 months later...
On 02/10/2020 at 17:32, jackpease said:

>small supplier

I think that's what's odd there don't seem to be any definitions flying around, it's almost as if it is being handed to the trade associations to sort out, and guess what, they'll organise it to price out small suppliers with a huge audit fee. The one year derogation for small suppliers arguable does not make it your worthwhile getting invested

six months on I am being bombarded with spam texts from Woodsure wanting me to pay £500+ for accreditation even tho i only sell a few hundred net bags at from my gate a year. They have put me out of business so it is very galling to keep getting their texts and emails asking me to stump up with no means of unsubscribing. Is this even legal?

I'm now bonfiring my wood and as they are not prepared to put in writing a promise to keep small suppliers' costs down I assume this is just a ploy to shut us up.

• Sad 1

The Regulations state that they come into force on 1 May 2021.  The legislation will need to be debated in both Houses of Parliament before it comes into force and the dates for these debates are yet to be confirmed.

So reading this, am I right in thinking anyone who signed up to (and paid for the privilege of joining) the woodsure scheme has actually wasted their money until it gets debated and signed off?

And that woodsure have as much authority as me when it comes to picking what colour the paint will be for the living room?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gav73 said:

So reading this, am I right in thinking anyone who signed up to (and paid for the privilege of joining) the woodsure scheme has actually wasted their money until it gets debated and signed off?

And that woodsure have as much authority as me when it comes to picking what colour the paint will be for the living room?

as i understand these are Statutory Instruments enabling something that has already been 'debated' so while they are technically 'debated' actually its a rubber stamping exercise enabling what has already been 'agreed' in Primary Legislation (an Act).

Edited by jackpease

35 minutes ago, jackpease said:

as i understand these are Statutory Instruments enabling something that has already been 'debated' so while they are technically 'debated' actually its a rubber stamping exercise enabling what has already been 'agreed' in Primary Legislation (an Act).

Mheh....

Acts of Parliament, “laws”.....

What do they mean....

Just have a riot and smash up some Rozzer vehicles. 

That seems to be the new “will of the people”

😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Mheh....

Acts of Parliament, “laws”.....

What do they mean....

Just have a riot and smash up some Rozzer vehicles. 

That seems to be the new “will of the people”

😂

Or just take the Cornish approach and give it all a DGI!

There are many hereabouts that still haven’t bothered with basics like vehicle RFL, MoT test & insurance. 

This creature turned up on site last week to remove timber. Nothing to do with me - my work was done! Private arrangement between landowner and local ‘log merchant.’

Every stick fell off 4 times before he got them all onboard and then he drove off through Callington on the public highway!

I felt sorry for the dog!

875A73C9-B021-4BE0-9C53-6FBE84F1657E.jpeg

4B3FFDDF-033A-4AED-9180-0D7DBB732BC0.jpeg

DF650734-B0CE-4AD9-B837-BA603E37E30D.jpeg

5AAFD400-EFA5-4080-BB9B-463A5D382FC9.jpeg

D50DE24B-AAC3-4167-9D36-9AE38D04B26D.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think technically within regs. But I spoke to our environmental health - they struggle to enforce noise/smoke/trading standards as it is so they are highly unlikely to enforce the general rules let alone arguable ones like kindling. I'm sure the attack dogs at Woodsure would dob you in in though with the scent of £500 to get you to prove they are dry and not palletwood.